Sexy Halloween Costumes on Cruises

SocalCupcake

My husband and I were on the Dream for Halloween last year...tons of people dressed up but I don't remember seeing any seriously risque costumes. As others have said...there are still older people and kids on board, it's not like going out to bars wherever you live, so I guess maybe people understood that and wore more conservative costumes? My husband wore a seersucker suit and I dressed as a flapper.

If you go to my sig and click the link for the Carnival Dream Western Caribbean October 2010, on the first page (about halfway down I think?) there are some pictures of our costumes as well as the costumes of a handful of other people, if you want to check them out :) Mostly it was just people dressed in standard stuff you could buy online, but there were also a fair amount of REALLY clever costumes. Halloween on the cruise was an absolute blast! One of the most fun times I've ever had on this holiday.

You can be sexy without being risque. I saw tons of pirate wenches on my Halloween cruise that were sexy.

The funniest thing was that on a normal cruise, no way would they let people bring on all those plastic swords and stuff, but it all got through on the Halloween cruise.

We have been on 3 Halloween cruises and I have seen some cute and a little sexy, but nothing over the top. Most of the Halloween parades and parties do include children so we didn't want to offend anyone...I wouldn't do anything too short (with cheeks showing) or anything exposed too much...I was shocked at how much thought some people really put into their costumes...there were some amazing ones!

Just wondering how risque people dress on cruises since there are so many cute/sexy costumes out.

If anyone could let me know the style of costumes they've seen onboard, that would be great!

Having done two Halloween cruises, I can say I have seen no guests in anything at all risque. The closest to an erotic costume belonged to Jaime D. when she was a Social Host on the Splendor's TA cruise. She had on a short baseball costume which showed off her green lacy boyshorts.

Doc

Cruisers who forgot to bring costumes who decided to wrap bed sheets around themselves & go as Romans!

I wore a Mickey Mouse Club costume one year with the Ears, & another I wore a leopard t-shirt, leggings, & attached a tail, ears & tie with appropriate make-up.

Last year there were some creative costumes, a few were folks who obviously didn't bring costumes but made the best of it:

A guy wearing regular clothing and a homemade sign saying "Nudist on Strike."

His wife wore a dress with lots of plastic grocery bags tied around her waist and a drawing of a stick of dymanite attached to her, with the words "Dynamite in the Sack."

The cutest was a groups of ladies with large towels wrapped around each of them. Each lady wore a headband with animal ears and a matching animal tail attached to their backsides. They were "Carnival Towel Animals Gone Wild." Loved it! It was actually a CC member Eeyoregon. Haven't seen her on here lately. She could probably post a pic.

Since we are talking about Halloween and costumes. I'll be on the Dream on Oct. 22-29th. I figured that the cruise after me would have the Halloween party and themes. But I was reading JH blog and he answered a question about Halloween and said:

"We love Halloween at Carnival and each and every ship will have the vessel decorated accordingly and for the week before Halloween and the week of each ship will host lots of activities. You will find that many of our guests dress up and really get into the spirit of Halloween."

Will this include my week. I don't want to pack a costume if not needed, but if we get a chance to dress up........I'd love to.

Since we are talking about Halloween and costumes. I'll be on the Dream on Oct. 22-29th. I figured that the cruise after me would have the Halloween party and themes. But I was reading JH blog and he answered a question about Halloween and said:

"We love Halloween at Carnival and each and every ship will have the vessel decorated accordingly and for the week before Halloween and the week of each ship will host lots of activities. You will find that many of our guests dress up and really get into the spirit of Halloween."

Will this include my week. I don't want to pack a costume if not needed, but if we get a chance to dress up........I'd love to.

I have read on these boards that Carnival generally runs Halloween festivities for two to three weeks before Halloween. I'm sure some other people can elaborate with regard to their experiences.

The cutest was a groups of ladies with large towels wrapped around each of them. Each lady wore a headband with animal ears and a matching animal tail attached to their backsides. They were "Carnival Towel Animals Gone Wild." Loved it!

I love this!

We went low-packing-impact on our Hallowe'en cruise in 2007, with a group costume. Stole the idea from something else we saw here on CC.

Everyone brought a tiara, and I made beauty-pageant-style sashes. Didn't need to dress up - there's always that clip on the beauty pageant television coverage that shows the contestants seeing the local sights.

We had "Miss Understood", "Miss Taken", "Miss Behavior", "Miss Appropriated", "Miss Laid", "Miss Informed", "Miss Lead", etc etc, and my personal favorite (worn by my SON), "Miss Ter".

My signature has a link to my Shutterfly share site, and the photos are in the Vision of the Seas album. Photos of people in costume start at #131.

A few years ago we sailed the first week of Oct and they had Halloween parade and quite a few people put costumes on and wandered around the ship.

Archived