RCCL ship cabins?

pomlover

Which ships have cabins that will fit a family of 5? I checked the Oasis and there is only one cabin on the whole ship for 5 and it is for a wheel chair. We will be traveling with 3 kids and want them in our room.

Thanks

Get two connecting rooms, open the connecting door, and voilá, you have a two room suite with two bathrooms!

On deck 7 aft there are two Family Balcony Staterooms (FB) cabin numbers 7330 and 7730. These staterooms have a double bed, a double sofabed and 2 pullman beds arranged like bunk beds (one on top of the other). The balcony is longer too. I'm sure that someone posted video footage of one on you tube.

Which ships have cabins that will fit a family of 5? I checked the Oasis and there is only one cabin on the whole ship for 5 and it is for a wheel chair. We will be traveling with 3 kids and want them in our room.
I think that there are rooms for 5 or more that are held for larger parties and are not for sale to smaller groups [unless they are still available close to sailing] and hence do not appear on the website. You have to call RCI for info. But do consider connecting cabins - [very] occasionally it can be cheaper to get connecting cabins than cram everyone into one cabin - and that extra bathroom is really nice to have.

Thom

Get two connecting rooms, open the connecting door, and voilá, you have a two room suite with two bathrooms!

With 5 of them the two bathrooms would be a plus and well worth it.

IMO, this is the best choice also. It is what I have done in the past (though, I only needed room for 4). Having 2 bathrooms is really nice, offers Mom and Dad a little bit of privacy, and may actually be cheaper than a room that will comfortably fit 5 (and may only have one bathroom). On many ships, there are higher class cabins connected to lower class, such that the kids cabin won't be as expensive as the parents (Voyager has a balcony connected to an ocean view, such that the OV room will have a bit more interior space at a little less cost, and Mom/Dad can have a balcony - did that once too).

IMO, this is the best choice also. It is what I have done in the past (though, I only needed room for 4). Having 2 bathrooms is really nice, offers Mom and Dad a little bit of privacy, and may actually be cheaper than a room that will comfortably fit 5 (and may only have one bathroom). On many ships, there are higher class cabins connected to lower class, such that the kids cabin won't be as expensive as the parents (Voyager has a balcony connected to an ocean view, such that the OV room will have a bit more interior space at a little less cost, and Mom/Dad can have a balcony - did that once too).

The other advantage of this arrangement is that you do not have to worry that the kids could go out on the balcony without you hearing it.

Another vote for 2 connecting cabins. You don't say the ages of your kids, but, if you need space for a pack n play or a crib or whatever, this would be my choice. Cabins are tiny, best bet and cheapest is 2 connecting, 2 TVs, 2 bathrooms, if kids are fighting or cranky, seperate them. Good luck!

Archived