Christmas Day in Nassau

GA_Traveler

My family has just booked a holiday cruise and we will be in Nassau on Christmas Day. We are there from 8:00 am until midnight (I think) so we are starting to look at some things to do.

How will the holiday affect the sites? For instance, will the resorts still offer day guest passes? Will the Jitneys run? Will Atlantis be open to visitors? Restaurants (ie the Fish Fry area)?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

We are also booked on the holiday cruise. We'll be surprising or boys on the morning of the 24th then a bigger surprise on the 25th with a day at Atlantis. Yes Atlantis is open. We made our reservation through Bahamas Day Pass.

You should check in on the roll call page. It's been pretty quiet so far. It could use some activity.

My family has just booked a holiday cruise and we will be in Nassau on Christmas Day. We are there from 8:00 am until midnight (I think) so we are starting to look at some things to do.

How will the holiday affect the sites? For instance, will the resorts still offer day guest passes? Will the Jitneys run? Will Atlantis be open to visitors? Restaurants (ie the Fish Fry area)?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Since Christmas is a religious holiday and The Bahamas is a Christian country, you'll find quite a few places closed or open limited hours.

Even the jitneys will be running fewer and less often. Downtown Nassau will have bleachers set up for the Junkanoo Parade on Boxing Day (starting around midnight and going to the early am ).

Best to find a tour from the ship, or plan on going to one of the local beaches. Atlantis will be open to those who scored passes from the ship, but passes are usually restricted in numbers, since it's a high capacity holiday.