Solstice From Seattle - current Aqua class boarding experience?

KitsapCruiser

My wife and I sailed on the Solstice in July 2016 and at that time Aqua class was able to board from 10:30am on and also had very convenient Aqua Class line (which we blew through in about 5 minutes). This year my wife and I are going and taking my parents for their 50th anniversary. Can someone who has recently sailed on the Solstice from Seattle comment on whether the Aqua class boarding perks are still in place?

I know we can board from 1030 on but the dedicated aqua class lines will be a big help to my parents.

We just returned from 7/28 sailing and people in our party in Aqua Class said it was quick and expedited. This was the report both from family arriving early and later.

I hope that helps.

I would just recommend one thing before getting in line - look over the amount of people in each. We usually book Aqua Class and are also Elite Plus, which qualifies us for special lines. On occasion we have found that the 'regular' lines are shorter than the specialty lines. It really depends on how you hit it. Personally, if you are looking for a stress free boarding, I would do what we do and get to the port at least an hour after general boarding begins. Lines all over are shorter and it is less of a wait time (sometimes none) until your cabin is ready once you do board. No tripping over people with all their carry-ons in the lounge areas or fighting for a table at the buffet. Some people prefer to make the most of every possible minute onboard and that is their thing, but for stress free boarding later has many advantages.

We were on 7/28 in AQ and breezed through. There was slight delay in boarding all around as they had misplaced a passenger from prior cruise when doors opened they allowed boarding by priorities and we were called second I believe. It was virtually painless.

One note: on the port board I had read that the port was queuing private cars including uber/lyft in a staging zone. Cabs and busses were not subject to this. Based on this we chose to cab from our airport hotel. The intel was correct and we whizzed by the car lines. Both embark and disembark were painless on this awesome cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums