Port Canaveral Parking Fees

dsulli

Just got off a 3 day Monarch cruise and was charged $60 to park at Port Canaveral. I have always paid $15/day previously. Is this a recent change that I am not aware of?

I think it was last year that they changed it, but yeah, they double dip now by charging you for both your arrival day and departure day, so on turnaround days they get 30$ per parking spot rather than 15$ (since they're also charging the person who left before you arrived, and the person who arrives after you leave). It's a pretty ingenious (read: scummy) way to do business.

It's a pretty ingenious (read: scummy) way to do business.

Not to mention they are trying their best to put the much cheaper park and cruise places out of business and wanting to charge more for the hotels that provide shuttle service.

Yes, there is a lot of constroversy about parking at PC lately. You didn't do a 3 day cruise, you did a 3 night cruise, which includes parts of 4 days, and for the last 6 months or so, that is how PC looks at it from a parking perspective.

They have also recently limited the taxi companies that can ply for trade at PC to 1, and are implementing a higher fee per visit, for the shuttles from local hotels and off site parking lots. One of the reasons a shuttle driver will wait until the bus is full before leaving, they are charged everytime they enter the port:(

I used Cruise Parking in Cocoa on US 1 for my 9/29 Freedom cruise and was very pleased. And yes, the Port Authority is trying to put the independents out of business, even though the port facilities are built with Public Money... Really sad

I used Cruise Parking in Cocoa on US 1 for my 9/29 Freedom cruise and was very pleased. And yes, the Port Authority is trying to put the independents out of business, even though the port facilities are built with Public Money... Really sad

Hopefully you didn't use premier parking!!

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/parking-lot-owner-broke-law-when-driving-customers/nNN2p/

Yes, there is a lot of constroversy about parking at PC lately. You didn't do a 3 day cruise, you did a 3 night cruise, which includes parts of 4 days, and for the last 6 months or so, that is how PC looks at it from a parking perspective.

They have also recently limited the taxi companies that can ply for trade at PC to 1, and are implementing a higher fee per visit, for the shuttles from local hotels and off site parking lots. One of the reasons a shuttle driver will wait until the bus is full before leaving, they are charged everytime they enter the port:(

Wow. Didn't know they actually charged a fee to get into the port. Do other ports do this as well?

I guess their excuse is that they reset the parking meter by calendar day, so even if you are there just one minute past midnight you pay for the whole day. Otherwise, if you are there less than 72 hours, I don't see how they could write a tariff that would allow them to charge that way.

I will be down there in just 6 weeks so I will get to experince this first hand. Most likely we will be 4 adults in one car, which helps lessen the pain of a $60 bill.

Go a day early, stay at a hotel that offers park and cruise. We stay at one that offers breakfast. By the time you take away the parking for a 7-night cruise, you've gotten a free good night's rest and it still comes out cheaper than the parking. The free shuttle offered is very reliable, dependable and easy. They drive you right to the area of the porters. They are sitting waiting for you when you disembark. Best, most hassle free, economical decision!!

Thanks for the feedback. When we went on the Freedom in March someone dropped us off so I didn't notice the fee change. Guess that explains why there were so many open spaces in front for this cruise.

Another vote for Park N Cruise.

We have used them the last 3 times we went out of Port Canaveral.

It is ridiculous how much they are charging to park a car at the port. If I did not know better I would think it was being run by the mob.

there's a new park n cruise less than 2 miles from PC. they charge 5.99 a day. great reviews. we're trying them for our 9/2 cruise.

Go a day early, stay at a hotel that offers park and cruise. We stay at one that offers breakfast. By the time you take away the parking for a 7-night cruise, you've gotten a free good night's rest and it still comes out cheaper than the parking. The free shuttle offered is very reliable, dependable and easy. They drive you right to the area of the porters. They are sitting waiting for you when you disembark. Best, most hassle free, economical decision!!

I went to a hotel website and they advertise that you can leave your car..I was wondering if it would be safe to leave my car there especially with a license from Quebec,Ca What do you think?

I went to a hotel website and they advertise that you can leave your car..I was wondering if it would be safe to leave my car there especially with a license from Quebec,Ca What do you think?

You should be fine. Most of the hotels offer parking for cruise guests. Some are even open to the general public (you don't have to stay there).

Another thumbs up for Park N Cruise. We just used them last week and had a great experience. Reserve on-line for $5.99 a day.

Parking fees in general have become money makers at the ports in Florida, and I suspect elsewhere as well. At Canaveral I use Radisson or Park n Cruise because it irritates me so much to pay beefed up charges right at the port. My kudos go to the port of Miami which allows free parking for cruisers with disabled parking stickers on their vehicles.

As a Florida resident I feel it's a shame that the port authorities anywhere charge by the day, not by the 24 hour period, for port parking. It's expensive enough as it is. Doug

Does anyone have the web site to reserve parking at Port Canaveral with Park N Cruise - I am seeing some good comments on it and I hate to have to spend $120 for our Freedom cruise next week.

Or - If you've stayed at a hotel and parked there instead, please share prices and your experience.

Thanks in advance...

Archived