Aqua Class Cabins on Millenium Class ships

stipmom

Which are the good ones? Lots of information on Solistice class but now that the Connie has Aqua Class and Infinity and Summit will have it soon I'd like to know which cabins I should look out for. Thanks

Which are the good ones? Lots of information on Solistice class but now that the Connie has Aqua Class and Infinity and Summit will have it soon I'd like to know which cabins I should look out for. Thanks

The Connie does not have Aqua Class cabins. She won't be getting those until April, 2013.

Sorry, can't help you on which cabins to "look out for".

I booked 9038 on Summit after reading that this was one of the best CC cabins and reviewing the new deck plan.

Here's a link to a very helpful post by KitKat describing some of the best cabin choices, not all will be converting to AQ of course.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30143590&postcount=4

Infinity will be the first Millennium-Class ship to offer AquaClass cabins following her dry dock in November...

For my cruise next January, I chose one of the new cabins on Deck 11--just because they're, well, new... And Columbus took a chance... There are no architectural renderings that I've seen--just a deck plan--and, obviously, no experiential reports that would, for instance, compare the new staterooms on Deck 11 to the converted staterooms on Deck 9 [which, in a different classification, have been discussed here often]...

Infinity will be the first Millennium-Class ship to offer AquaClass cabins following her dry dock in November...

For my cruise next January, I chose one of the new cabins on Deck 11--just because they're, well, new... And Columbus took a chance... There are no architectural renderings that I've seen--just a deck plan--and, obviously, no experiential reports that would, for instance, compare the new staterooms on Deck 11 to the converted staterooms on Deck 9 [which, in a different classification, have been discussed here often]...

Like you, we have booked new AQ cabin 1100 for our upcoming Millennium cruise without knowing what they'll be like. Part of the excitement is not knowing the exact details, sort of like it was before the S-class ships were launched.

We had to go on faith but were pleasantly surprised then and I hope the same will be the case here. These new cabins on deck 11 could turn out to be even better than the the revamped CC cabins - perhaps with the same type of bathrooms and such as the S-class ships. I could imagine Celebrity charging a premium for them once they've been introduced, in which case the early adopters will have enjoyed these cabins before the price increase! (Here's hoping anyway)

• 1 month later...
Like you, we have booked new AQ cabin 1100 for our upcoming Millennium cruise without knowing what they'll be like. Part of the excitement is not knowing the exact details, sort of like it was before the S-class ships were launched.

Exactly like you, we booked AQ 1100 for a Millennium cruise in 2013. But I just noticed it is located under the basketball court on Deck 12. A problem??

Can someone please direct me to the photo of the Aft Cabin on the Century that was posted a few days ago during a discussion of the new Aquaclass cabins on the Solsticized Millennium ships. (I thought I would remember who posted it, but apparently, NOT!!)

It was actually a picture taken of the Century Sunset Bar, but you could see one of the Aft cabins in the background, and the kind poster indicated that this might be what the new Aft Aquaclass cabins will look like, as they are also set back from the deck below. From the photo, it would appear that there is no privacey for these Aft cabins on the Century,

I have one of the Aft Aquaclass cabins booked on the Millennium for our Southeast Asia cruise in 2013, and now I'm wondering if I did the right thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the photo I was looking for...it WAS from Larry and Susie.. I was looking for a photograph in one of their recent posts, but couldn't find it because it was in a clickable link instead. (Thanks Larry and Susie, for the photo :D).

This is a photo of the aft bar on the Century. If you look in the background, you can see right into one of the balconies of the Century aft cabins. Not much privacy there. But on the other hand, a great place to have a drink and listen to Jefferson Ang!

It never occurred to me, when I booked the A1 Aquaclass aft cabin on the Millennium for 2013, what it would actually mean when the new aft cabins on Sunrise Deck are stepped back above the Sunset Bar. :(

I can't wait for the Infinity to be "solsticized" so we can see what these Aquaclass cabins are really going to look like. In the meantime, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

i-7FnmLcF-L.jpg

Hey Elena, I recognise those people!:) Here's another shot I took on Century. I'm not sure how much like Century's Sunset Verandahs the newly added aft facing Aquas on the M-Class will be, but I think they'll look over the cover of the Sunset Bar much like you can see in the left side of the picture of Century. As that aft bar is also a smoking venue on the port side I'm also not sure how much those cabins above will be affected. Here's the pic:

2615452090054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

Phil

Hey Elena, I recognise those people!:) Here's another shot I took on Century. I'm not sure how much like Century's Sunset Verandahs the newly added aft facing Aquas on the M-Class will be, but I think they'll look over the cover of the Sunset Bar much like you can see in the left side of the picture of Century. As that aft bar is also a smoking venue on the port side I'm also not sure how much those cabins above will be affected. Here's the pic:

2615452090054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

Phil

Oh, sheesh. We are in a portside aft. Well, my DH is a smoker, so I guess he won't mind. :p

Thanks for posting the picture. Was it you that took the picture that I posted above? If so, thanks!

One of the joys of an aft cabin is that you can see the wake in all its glory. Does anyone know how this will be affected with the aft cabins being set so far back?

Does anyone have any pictures taken from the aft balconies of the Century? I would be most grateful to see them :).

i-nJgz6CJ-L.jpg

No Elena, that wasn't me. This is a useful thread with a couple of pictures:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1303327

Phil

Phil, thank you SO much. I have to say, I do not like the look of those canopies at all, as a view, and will have to rethink our reservation.

I will hold off making any changes until I see what Celebrity does with the Aquaclass cabins on the Infinity.

Thanks again for taking the time to post that thread. It was very helpful.

Deck 11 aft gets a lot of soot

Deck 9 cabins are under the buffet and pools...very noisy

I avoid both. I like deck 7 or 8 midship...quiet and clean.

Thanks for your comment.

I have been in several cabins on Deck 9 on Millennium class ships. Haven't had any difficulty with noise at all, but we don't really enjoy the overhang.

The possibility of soot on Deck 11 is certainly another consideration, as is the amount of motion we might experience that high up on the aft.

I read on some of the threads about the soot, smoke from the bar, and noise from the bar (music). Not sure if an aft cabin would appeal to me in this case.

I booked 9104 for my Summit cruise in the spring. I'm hoping it's not too noisy with the bathroom above us! I definitely didn't want to be under the pool area.

Archived