My Time Dining - Rhapsody Of The Seas

soak01

I have a reservation on this cruise which includes MTD departing Sydney on 6 Apr 2015. Since booking, my in-laws have decided to join us on this cruise but were unable to select MTD, only late traditional dining.

As they have pre-paid their gratuities, can we request a time and table for 4 people when we make a MTD reservation time so that they can sit with us at dinner rather than the traditional time.

I have a reservation on this cruise which includes MTD departing Sydney on 6 Apr 2015. Since booking, my in-laws have decided to join us on this cruise but were unable to select MTD, only late traditional dining.

As they have pre-paid their gratuities, can we request a time and table for 4 people when we make a MTD reservation time so that they can sit with us at dinner rather than the traditional time.

I've read on other Royal posts that it's best to visit the dining room as soon as you board and speak to the Maitre'd about changing your dinner times so you can all be seated together.

They apparently do this all the time so no "biggie" :)

Gae

As Gae has already said it will not be a problem. Sometimes they may not be able to change your in laws set time dining for the first night ( due to everyone following the rules:D) but will sort itself out after that.

Just keep in mind it may not be straightforward. While it's possible, there can be long queues, and it may take a while to resolve. It's not just a case of going to the desk, asking and it's done immediately. (Well, sometimes it can be, but also often not!)

Gosh, it used to be that Traditional Dining was waitlisted.

As Big M said, it may not be a done deal that you can swap if MTD is unavailble Pre-cruise.

I wish they would just open up both dining rooms as Traditional Dining but each Dining Room to have staggered times, ie. Upstairs dining room 6pm and 7.30pm and Downstairs dining room, 6.30pm and 8.30pm.

Cheers

Di

Just letting you know that when I booked in Jan for my cruise this coming December, MTD was full. I requested to be waitlisted. Just before final payment was due, MTD became available for us.

If they havent already, might be an idea for your in-laws to request to be waitlisted.

I wish they would just open up both dining rooms as Traditional Dining but each Dining Room to have staggered times, ie. Upstairs dining room 6pm and 7.30pm and Downstairs dining room, 6.30pm and 8.30pm.

That's a really good idea! Hard to think of any significant negatives compared to the current situation, or for practicality, and there are definite pros. Though some would not like the loss of flexibility they have now with MTD.

Just letting you know that when I booked in Jan for my cruise this coming December, MTD was full. I requested to be waitlisted. Just before final payment was due, MTD became available for us.

If they havent already, might be an idea for your in-laws to request to be waitlisted.

Great idea, in addition get your bookings linked so that if one booking changes they consult both bookings, makes it easier to place you for either MTD or traditional dining.:D

Had a phone call from guest services this morning apologising that MTD is closed for this cruise but they have waitlisted my in-laws for MTD.

If we don't hear anything beforehand, we'll see what can be done once on board.

If it doesn't work out and they have to stay traditional dining, does anyone know if they need to pre-specify that they want a table for two, or is this done when they arrive in the dining room. Sorry to ask, but we have always used MTD when cruising so don't know what happens for traditional dining.

Had a phone call from guest services this morning apologising that MTD is closed for this cruise but they have waitlisted my in-laws for MTD.

If it doesn't work out and they have to stay traditional dining, does anyone know if they need to pre-specify that they want a table for two, or is this done when they arrive in the dining room. Sorry to ask, but we have always used MTD when cruising so don't know what happens for traditional dining.

Good to hear that they contacted you despite the news. Unless specified (online) it may be pot luck with a table of 8 or ten people assigned. As mentioned this may be changed by the Matre' de on embarkation day.:D

Rhapsody doesn't have many tables for two. You can request a 'small' table in advance (online or through your TA), but most are for 4-6 people in that grade.

Onboard you can request a change, but there is a fair chance it will not be possible as not available.

Preference for the tables for two are given to suite guests and loyalty guests. I personally don't see the point of them as they are so close together you might as well be sharing.

There is no reason why they shouldn't request it online and if not granted, you can always grease the palm of the Maitre'd:eek:

Cheers

Di

Preference for the tables for two are given to suite guests and loyalty guests. I personally don't see the point of them as they are so close together you might as well be sharing.

There is no reason why they shouldn't request it online and if not granted, you can always grease the palm of the Maitre'd:eek:

Cheers

Di

That only gets you so far.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...