Just Booked the Victory...

Richjoxyz

Who loves her, and why?

We've been on many cruise ships, of many different cruise lines, but never the Victory.

Our cruise is Oct 2nd Southern Caribbean, booked a balcony guaranty and waiting for room assignment.

Good job. We leave out on Jan.15th. We have not cruised out of San Juan in over 11 years.

I love the Victory. The pictures bring back some good memories. I think it's a nice ship, lots of bar choices, good entertainment, and the size is just right. Big enough to have some space, but small enough that you get to everything quickly. Yeah, the decor is a bit glitzy over-the-top and Vegas glamour, but it makes it interesting and exciting to look at. You'll have a good time on the cruise.

Best itinerary ever!!

We loved all the shops, the rooms are fabulous and the balconies are CHEAP!

...and you can book one of the few extra-large balcony cabins right up front

we had 6207 and it was biiig!

Cabin6207-251.jpg

There are a very few wheelchair-accessible cabins on board, with room enough to maneuver a Buick

no step-up into the bathroom, etc.

Cabin6207-253.jpg

BUT you're right up front and you're going to get some banging of the bow into the swells,

you're gonna hear the whine of the bow thrusters as she docks and un-docks

and the wind whistling in the balcony-door crack when she's heading up-weather towards Barbados. ;)

Sure can! What aspects of the ship would you like to see??

Give me some leads! :)

Victory-155.jpg

CV-5712.jpg

.[Please correct me; sailing next week, 9-18-2011,

I have told my new cruisers that they can distinguish the side of the ship their cabin is on by the color of the passageway carpet. Is this true for the Victory?

ralph

Loved this ship & itinerary, on her at the end of march this year... I didnt take too many pictures of the ship but I do have a lot of the islands. She was so easy to navigate and never felt packed. We had room 1040, an inside but that was all we needed since it was so port intensive. We are looking forward to booking this cruise again, probably not until Spring 2013.

.[Please correct me; sailing next week, 9-18-2011,

I have told my new cruisers that they can distinguish the side of the ship their cabin is on by the color of the passageway carpet. Is this true for the Victory?

We've been on Victory 3 or 4 times now

and have zero recollection of differing carpet colors, per Port/Starboard sides of the ship's corridors.

There are signson all corridors that indicate Odd Numbers on one side

and Even Numbers on the other --that you can look out for.

Sailed her solo last year, I loved it so much I am going on her again this month, this time I have 3 friends going also, I love the itinerary, last year we did stop at Dominica which now is a sea day.

We are going to treat San Juan as a port day, we have to fly in the day of(I know, I know) but kind of have no choice, the good thing is our flight gets in at 10am.

Archived