NCL Airport><Port Transfers Bayport (Houston)

Repositioner

Has anyone had experience with NCL's airport transfers to and from Bayport (Houston)?

Incredibly, there seems to be no other economical way to get to and from this port! Please let me know what airport you used, what you paid, and what your impressions were.

Many thanks!

Repositioner,

Actually NCL used to call on the Port of Houston Authority terminal at Barbours Cut, not the new Bayport Cruise Terminal. They are different locations. NCL left Barbours Cut in 2007 and the facility has been closed to cruise service. The new Port of Houston Authority agreement with NCL for cruise service begins in a few months and spans a total of 75 departures. The new agreement also includes an option for a two-year extension.

When anyone flies in to Houston for a cruise from the new Bayport Cruise Terminal, the closest of the two airports is William P. Hobby International Airport (HOU). The Bayport Cruise Terminal is located on Galveston Bay in Pasadena, TX between La Porte, TX and Kemah, TX. It is about 20 miles from Hobby. The other Houston airport is George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) and is much further from the Bayport Cruise Terminal.

Carnival did use the Bayport Cruise Terminal during its construction for a short time while Hurricane Ike's storm surge damage to the Port of Galveston was being repaired. However, that was waaaay back in 2008. Since only Princess has had much more recent cruise service with the new Bayport Cruise Terminal, I suggest you research this forum for questions or comments from Princess cruisers for more information about the new terminal and the other various means of transportation to/from a Houston airport.

Kat emo32.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just called NCL to find out about transfers from Hobby (HOU) to the Jewell. The cost is $35 per person each way. Flights must arrive by 1:30pm and depart on the return after 12:30pm. The Port of Houston web site estimates taxi charges at between $50 and $75 from Hobby.

• 3 months later...
Has anyone had experience with NCL's airport transfers to and from Bayport (Houston)?

Incredibly, there seems to be no other economical way to get to and from this port! Please let me know what airport you used, what you paid, and what your impressions were.

Many thanks!

Anyone do a rental car??? It seems to b the cheaper way to go. I found dollar general and used some coupons and its only $375 for a week for a mini van (we have 7 people in our party) and the hotel we are staying at is Best western Plus and they allow free cruise parking for all cruise passengers.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone do a rental car??? It seems to b the cheaper way to go. I found dollar general and used some coupons and its only $375 for a week for a mini van (we have 7 people in our party) and the hotel we are staying at is Best western Plus and they allow free cruise parking for all cruise passengers.

Just remember that mini van has to also hold a week's worth of luggage and carry ons for seven people. That could be a very uncomfortable ride from the airport to your hotel.

You can get an exclusive SuperShuttle van for your party of 7 for $157 each way from/to Bush International. Or if you don't mind sharing with three other people, it would be $127 each way in their shared van. However, I believe this is only to/from the airport. I used the Bayport Cruise Terminal as the destination, but you could try it with your hotel's address and see if it works out cheaper than renting a car you're not going to use for a week.