Entertainment on the Dawn

Fred C

Just a suggestion, but I sailed on the Dawn last year, had a wonderful time and am sailing again in August. The entertainment is just about the same. I enjoyed the shows, but NCL has just about the exact same shows as a year ago. Am I wrong is feeling that after a year there should be a change in the shows for past guests who sail again?

I feel the same way as you, Fred, but that just seems to be the way it is with cruise lines. I posted a question on the old boards regarding this, and someone replied that they change the shows every 4-5 years. I guess the cruise lines' rationale is that people take different cruises to different places every year, so they would see different shows. This does not seem to be the case, especially with the Dawn. Perhaps the cruise lines should consider rotating the entertainers (and the shows) from ship to ship every year or so. But you know what will happen then - someone will complain that they saw the same show this year on the Dawn as last year on the Sea, and the year before on the Star.

All you can do is look at the bright side - you'll be able to do some of those things you had to forego last time around.

When we were on the Dawn last year I found the production shows very good. Quite a bit better than what we saw on Royal Caribbean. Those were fun but the ones on NCL seemed much more professionally done. It would be nice to have new shows, but I thought those were good enough that I wouldn't mind seeing them again, probably a third time would be a bit too much though.

I feel after one year, the production shows should be changed especially on the Dawn where NCL is encouraging repeat cruisers. Those of us who enjoy sailing south on Dawn every winter should get to see some new productions. Surely, they can change at least one of the shows each year. It would also give the cast a new challenge from the same routine.

I agree about the great pianists on the Dawn who are changed frequently. I would look forward to seeing them again. We also enjoyed Anna Y Los Vientos performing nightly in the atrium. Would love to hear them again next winter.

Archived