Just off the phone with NCL RE: HURRICANE GONZALO

bbryan5

On NCL web site it says the ship will go to Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. This will keep PAX, crew and ship safe.

From the web site

Hurricane Gonzalo and Tropical Storm Ana

Updated Friday, October 17, 2014

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. Therefore, the company is closely monitoring the paths of Hurricane Gonzalo in the Atlantic and Tropical Storm Ana in the Pacific.

Norwegian Dawn will embark today in Boston as scheduled. Since Hurricane Gonzalo is expected to pass directly over Bermuda, the ship’s itinerary is being altered to visit Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas this week.

Tropical Storm Ana is expected to impact the islands of Hawaii this weekend. In order to ensure that guests on board the ship can disembark, Pride of America will arrive early into Honolulu at approximately 2 pm local time today, Friday, October 17. At this time, we expect that guests for the cruise beginning on Saturday, October 18 will embark as scheduled but ask that they continue to monitor this site for any possible changes.

Should there be any updates, they will be immediately posted on http://www.ncl.com. We thank our guests for their cooperation and understanding.

Edited by geocruiser

New to Cruise Critic Forum

NCL redirecting from Bermuda to Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay, may not be Bermuda, but better safe than sorry. The risks of Hurricane Season, I'm booked to depart Boston 2 weeks today for Bermuda.....we shall see:)

I got it from a very reliable source this morning that The Dawn will be going to Nassau, Bahamas and to Great Stirrup Caye (Norwegian's private island).

Best best for donations to help in the Bermuda recovery (for me anyway) would be The Red Cross. I have a friend who is a Red Cross Disaster Relief worker who is leaving today for Bermuda.

How are they getting there? I thought they had closed the airport. Maybe they left very early this AM?

We got back today and had a Rocking good time

Ellen

Just back last night from the Dawn. Yes, it was disappointing to miss Bermuda but the cruise was great, staff did everything they could to ensure a good time was enjoyed and for the most part my sense was that it was a positive sailing. { Our first cruise on NCL and it will not be our last}:)

Make lemonade if life gives you lemons.:D

We had a really great time! I did not like the up and down, left and right constant motion of the ship, but that was just how it had to be. The ship was wonderful, the staff was awesome, and the activities were a ton of fun. This was one of our favorite cruises of all!