Aarp

linda stupke

I haven't used it yet but when I was researching my next cruise the AARP discount was better than my Latitudes discount so will give it a try next time.

Plus the membership fee gives you alot more than just NCL discounts so I have found it worth the cost of joining

Anyone use this credit? Is it worth the extra savings if you have to join AARP? Thanks.

If you book your cruise 9-months or more in advance, then a 5% savings on the price of the cruise will more than cover the membership fee. In addition to the cruise savings, AARP also has discount agreements with several companies & businesses.

Many will argue the political side of AARP isn't worth joining... to each their own. The organization does political lobbying on behalf of the countries aging population... a class of which I am a member. Call me biased, but I'm also an AARP volunteer.

Dear linda stupke,

As the answer is as in most things. Will it be best in your overall benefit?

Do the math.

If not. Don't.

As i think a few years ago your library held a nice piece of Lincolnsonia and sold it a still record valuation.

Your county seat has so so many resources to avail from too.

I never joined AARP as here as also where you reside so much competition abounds we get a lot larger competition basis for our funds.

On cruises, the Travel Agencies BID for our cruises we take.

Only once, the Cruise Line itself beat all the bids sent me.

Anyone use this credit? Is it worth the extra savings if you have to join AARP? Thanks.

When we compare the AARP and the Lattitudes price, AARP is always a better deal. NCL will actually show you the price for both so do a "fake" booking to see the price, you don't have to be a real member yet to find out if it is good for you. We also have used it for hotels and even movie tickets. It can be a really good deal.

You should do a "fake" booking. It will show you the different rates available. On our upcoming cruise strangely enough the NCL rate was better than the Latitudes, AARP or Military rate. They were running a weird promotion. It was great for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW...I just booked a 9/2015 cruise on the Getaway......my Lattitudes discount was much better than the AARP discount. I was really surprised as I've booked my last couple cruises with the AARP discount! I wonder if it was just because it was the Getaway? :confused:

You can book -- or at least check prices -- for AARP discount before you buy the membership. I've always found that 5% of a cruise price is much more than $16, so it's a good deal.

However, the 5% AARP discount is not always your best deal. I've found that sometimes when booking solo that the NCL solo fare is lower than the AARP fare.

Is it worth it? You have to pick your cruise and deal to find out.