Our Lucaya day pass - which resorts

tbmrt

I'm confused as to Our Lucaya having more than 1 resort there. Does the $20 pp day pass give you access to all the resorts? Which resort is best for adults?

I'm confused as to Our Lucaya having more than 1 resort there. Does the $20 pp day pass give you access to all the resorts? Which resort is best for adults?

Our Lucaya is a single resort with two hotels on the property - the Radisson and Reef Village. Your day pass will get you access to the entire Our Lucaya resort.

• 1 year later...
where do you buy one day passes and do they have places to sit in the shade.this is near freeport?

You buy them at the hotel, you can contact their concierge for information. I thought they were more than $20 though.

Yes, there is places to sit in the shade by the swimming pools. It is at the Freeport stop, nothing is at the port...you have to take about a 20 minute taxi ride to do anything there.

We went to Our Lucaya Monday. It is STUNNING & HUGE!

We paid $15 each at the security checkpoint.

There are a lot of pools including an infinity pool with a swim up bar. Drinks were expensive there though. We ordered two drinks that were $6.50 each & with taxes & built in tips the bill was $17.25. They were really small drinks & had very little liquor in them. The bartenders at the swim up bar were not very friendly either. That was our only complaint of the day. Everything else was incredible & we would definitely go back.

Lounge chairs are available at the pool or the beach. The pool loungers have umbrellas but I don't remember seeing any at the beach. The day pass does not include towels.

It is across the street from the straw market with plenty of shopping & restaraunts.

Jet skis, parasailing, banana boats, etc. are available for a fee.

We had a perfect day at Our Lucaya with gorgeous weather.

I will try to download some pics later.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of pools including an infinity pool with a swim up bar. Drinks were expensive there though. We ordered two drinks that were $6.50 each & with taxes & built in tips the bill was $17.25. They were really small drinks & had very little liquor in them. The bartenders at the swim up bar were not very friendly either. That was our only complaint of the day. Everything else was incredible & we would definitely go back.

Lounge chairs are available at the pool or the beach. The pool loungers have umbrellas but I don't remember seeing any at the beach. The day pass does not include towels.

It is across the street from the straw market with plenty of shopping & restaraunts.

This sounds like exactly what I am looking for. Can't wait to see the pics! Will be going here in July.

This sounds like exactly what I am looking for. Can't wait to see the pics! Will be going here in July.

Our Lucaya Resort is massive. They told us that a lot of it is closed down due to the bad economy but we walked all over the property & it is gorgeous.

The cab to Our Lucaya Resort (also the Radisson) was $10 pp. roundtrip & they give you a ticket for the return trip.

You can go to the free beach at Our Lucaya (you go in by the police station) but we went to the resort because we wanted pools, lounge chairs, etc. We walked down to the free beach & talked to some people that said they had a wonderful time there too. There was a guy pulling around an ice chest of beer & while I don't remember the price it was cheap!

Our Lucaya Resort is across the street from the straw market with plenty of shopping & restaurants. We bought my DH a goofy, touristy looking hat because his ball cap went overboard on the ship. He loses one every cruise & he even had it on backwards!

We ate at the After Deck Bar & Grill at the Port Lucaya straw market for lunch. My DH had a Conch sandwich & fries & I had jerk chicken with rice & peas & we had two iced teas & the bill was around $30. It was pretty good but there are a lot of places to eat at the market.

We headed back to the ship about 4:00. We walked over to where we were dropped off by the cab & luckily a cab was just boarding. They run every 30 minutes.

We will definitely go back to Our Lucaya Resort when we go back to Freeport.

Our Lucaya Resort

232323232%7Ffp43363%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363892%3A2%3B%3B324nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43442%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363892%3A2%3B9324nu0mrj

Check out the white sand (& the goofy touristy hat)! :eek:

232323232%7Ffp4343%3A%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363892%3A2%3A9324nu0mrj

I really though I took a lot more pictures of the pools. There were several at Our Lucaya Resort. One had a waterfall & one had volleyball. This one was the horseshoe shaped infinity pool with the swim up bar.

Pool Pictures

232323232%7Ffp433%3C%3A%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363892%3C3%3A4324nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43369%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363892%3C3%3B9324nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43365%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363892%3A2%3C2324nu0mrj

Having a drink at the bar.

232323232%7Ffp43359%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363892%3C3%3A6324nu0mrj

Lounging in the sun. There were umbrellas also.

232323232%7Ffp43348%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363892%3C3%3A9324nu0mrj

Thank You do much for this post and pics. This is exactly what we are looking for for our day in Freeport!!! Does anyone know what the water temps will be like late April?

Thanks,

P.J.

It can be somewhat cool still, but on the plus side the heat will not be to bad. It can get downright HOT/humid in the summer months.

We have stayed at this resort several times thru several names. Sometimes they close down part of the resort during off months. It's a great place, get the "passes", should be a wristband. No towels as you need to have a room for that. Have a great time.

. We bought my DH a goofy, touristy looking hat because his ball cap went overboard on the ship. He loses one every cruise & he even had it on backwards!

Check out the white sand (& the goofy touristy hat)! :eek:

232323232%7Ffp4343%3A%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363892%3A2%3A9324nu0mrj

Hey, I like that hat! :)

The white sand looks really good too.

Hey, I like that hat! :)

The white sand looks really good too.

My DH does too! I have to bug him about something though! :D

The hat actually worked really well because it had a strap to hold it on & you can snap up either or both sides. He bargained & got it for $20. I am sure it will be going on all of our cruises from now on. :eek:

Thank you for the great information. A couple of questions.

Does the $15 fee include use of loungers and umbrellas at the pools?

Do you have to buy food and drink there also?

No reservation...just walked up to the security checkpoint and pay?

The $15 fee did include the use of loungers & umbrellas at the pool. There were also loungers at the beach but I don't remember seeing umbrellas there. Towels are not provided though.

You get an armband & can come & go as you please. There is a bar & a restaurant available at the resort but we walked across the street & ate at the Port Lucaya market. There are plenty of options at Port Lucaya for food, drinks & shopping. They also had live music there.

Yes. You just go up to the security checkpoint & pay the $15 & get an armband.

Hope everybody that goes to Our Lucaya Resort has a wonderful day there like we did! It makes me want to go back & we definitely will next time we return to Freeport.

I have stayed at this resort and have been a "day tripper"... the loungers and umbrellas around the pool are first come, first served and would be part of the fee, not so at the beach. You do not have to buy food/drink and personally I would not except for maybe one sitting at the swim up bar. Food and drink are very expensive... figure almost $10 per drink and more for food. Get food and drink at the shopping area next door. Plenty of bars around Count Basie square. When paying for the pass make sure you get either a wristband/stamp/paper pass as some "guards" sell them but don't actually work at the resort... don't buy passes next door at the shops... same reason.

Have a great time, love sitting in the infinity pool with a Bahama Mama!

Thank you so very much for the pics! This is exactly what I needed to make my decision!

Loved your Fascination review. I remember reading it when we were trying to decide what to do in Nassau. We meant to go to the Sheraton too but ended up at Breezes & loved it as well. I am sooo ready to go back!

I have stayed at this resort and have been a "day tripper"... the loungers and umbrellas around the pool are first come, first served and would be part of the fee, not so at the beach. You do not have to buy food/drink and personally I would not except for maybe one sitting at the swim up bar. Food and drink are very expensive... figure almost $10 per drink and more for food. Get food and drink at the shopping area next door. Plenty of bars around Count Basie square. When paying for the pass make sure you get either a wristband/stamp/paper pass as some "guards" sell them but don't actually work at the resort... don't buy passes next door at the shops... same reason.

Have a great time, love sitting in the infinity pool with a Bahama Mama!

Is there an additional cost for the loungers on the beach?

I am trying to decide between Deadman's Reef to snorkle and this resort :confused:

Loved your Fascination review. I remember reading it when we were trying to decide what to do in Nassau. We meant to go to the Sheraton too but ended up at Breezes & loved it as well. I am sooo ready to go back!

Hello Cool Breeze Cruiser! I'm glad my review was helpful. I just booked our next cruise yesterday so I am really digging for info on Freeport! Glad you enjoyed Breezes! If you have any pics of Breezes I'd love to see them!

Hello Cool Breeze Cruiser! I'm glad my review was helpful. I just booked our next cruise yesterday so I am really digging for info on Freeport! Glad you enjoyed Breezes! If you have any pics of Breezes I'd love to see them!

Cool Breeze Cruiser......Oops...just found your review and found your pics! Thanks!!

Is there an additional cost for the loungers on the beach?

I am trying to decide between Deadman's Reef to snorkle and this resort :confused:

Yeah the "loungers" I was talking about on the beach are almost like daybeds and cost... but I think there were regular chairs like around the pool that you could use with the pass. Sorry, every time I went we "laid" around the pool and went down to the beach to get in the water, never really laid out on the beach. The ocean is really quite close to the pool area which is HUGE. If all pools are open in the resort you have lots to choose from but even the main pool is BIG with beach views from almost everywhere. I live 2 blocks back from the beach on a barrier island so maybe that's why... see it every day.

As for Deadman's reef either rent a car or make sure you have transportation back.

Yeah the "loungers" I was talking about on the beach are almost like daybeds and cost... but I think there were regular chairs like around the pool that you could use with the pass. Sorry, every time I went we "laid" around the pool and went down to the beach to get in the water, never really laid out on the beach. The ocean is really quite close to the pool area which is HUGE. If all pools are open in the resort you have lots to choose from but even the main pool is BIG with beach views from almost everywhere. I live 2 blocks back from the beach on a barrier island so maybe that's why... see it every day.

As for Deadman's reef either rent a car or make sure you have transportation back.

Thank you. If we go to Deadman's Reef it is a group with our roll call. It does include transportation to and from.

Archived