First time cruiser Carnival Paradise Jan 2014

melly_c

My husband and I are going on our first cruise this coming Jan to Cozumel and Grand Caymans. I am still trying to navigate the in's and out's of cruising. I am in need of any tips and tricks to make the most of our time and save money. Little known facts, what things are must see, specific tid bits about our ship (Carnival Paradise) etc. For example, we don't drink alcohol but I am addicted to fancy, frozen, fun non-alcoholic drinks. Is there a cheaper way of satisfying my guilty pleasure than just paying out the nose at the bar? What is included with your meals drinks wise and what are you charged for? Is a soda card worth it? How do you get one?Can you order anything besides water with room service without being charged? Lots of silly drink questions I know, but it's seriously is an addiction :) Is there anything free in the spa? Like a sauna? Excursion reccommendations? Are the Mayan ruins worth the full 7 hrs of your time in Cozumel? Been trying to research all of these things and am making very little progress. HELP!!

Hi melly_c, congratulations on the first cruise that you and your husband are going on.

Let me suggest that you post all of your Carnival related questions on the Carnival Cruise Line Board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Also, if you visit the Caribbean Ports Of Call Board you can look up information for the ports you will be visiting.

I hope you both enjoy your first cruise as much as we did because if you do you will likely take additional cruises going forward.

Keith