Tipping in Ocho Rios

mamieof3

We will be visiting Ocho Rios in July. We have booked a private tour to go to The Blue Hole, lunch, maybe DRF .... really have not confirmed our day's activities. I am trying to budget for the costs that I know so I will know how much I can schedule. I say all of this to ask:

1. What is the expected amount to tip the guides at Blue Hole and DRF?

2. What is the expected amount to tip your tour guide for the day? We are paying him $100 for the day and this is exclusive of any entry fees or meals. How much more will he expect after shuttling us around all day? I have read on some threads that they bought their driver lunch...that sounds like a nice thing to do and will do this, as well.

Any and all advice welcome! Janie

How many people are "we"? Is it two of you? Are you a group? That will make a difference. When my husband and I take private tours (just the two of us) we usually tip out $20 to anyone who made a difference (drivers, guides, etc.). Sometimes it's all the same person and sometimes there are two or three on a tour. Just depends.

If you have a group, I'd say $10 pp for sure.

There are just 2 of us, DH & myself. So, that would be $10 from each of us ($20) to our Driver. If we give him an extra $20, would he expect or hope that we purchase his lunch? What about the guides at the Blue Hole or DRF, how much of a tip for each of them? Thank you so much for answering my post, I really appreciate it! Janie