Anne Frank House

xeriod

There are a couple of tour operators that advertise " skip the line " tours for the Anne Frank House . They have reviews that seem to indicate they are legit . But I had thought you could only use tickets bought at the official web site. Are these tours really " skip the line " or do they just dump you at the end of the line ? Would like to hear from anyone that has tried a 3 rd party tour provide to get into the Anne Frank House.

Thanks , but the question is for those that have used tickets from those well known tour operators to skip the line and how it went. In your PDF item 2.4 speaks to those authorized resellers . I was curious as how the use of that went. For example there is a walking tour from Dam Square that includes the Anne Frank house. I was seeking reviews from folks that had done that sort of thing.

That would be one of them. To be clear what I am looking for is someone who has gone to the Anne Frank tour without getting your tickets from the museum web site. How do it go , any issues ? I know of 3 different places other than the Anne Frank web site to get tickets. But their web site says they may not honor tickets from other sites. But then they say they accept them from authorized sites. I'm just looking for some clarity from someone who has gone through the process.

That would be one of them. To be clear what I am looking for is someone who has gone to the Anne Frank tour without getting your tickets from the museum web site. How do it go , any issues ? I know of 3 different places other than the Anne Frank web site to get tickets. But their web site says they may not honor tickets from other sites. But then they say they accept them from authorized sites. I'm just looking for some clarity from someone who has gone through the process.

You are being very clear! Perhaps call the Ann Frank House and get an answer from them directly as one has not yet been forthcoming from CC. Or ask on Tripadvisor....

Edited by Alaskanb

How far in advance do tickets go on sale online? Is it worth doing the 30 minute presentation before? How long should we plan for our stop there?

Keep checking their website, I cannot tell you how far in advance tickets are available. It seems to change from time to time.

In case you read the book and know the story you can skip the 30 minute presentation.

Yes, we took one from Get Your Guide dot Com and it was a true skip the line experience.

We are going to Amsterdam and plan on taking a free tour of the city and then going to Anne Franke House. Right now we have not been able to buy tickets for our mid-May tour of the house. All the other months prior have NO TICKETS for sale posted. Hmmm..

Quite perplexing. I'd like to buy ticket for Anne Franke. Any help?

Thanks,

Kathy

Edited by rkr

We are going to Amsterdam and plan on taking a free tour of the city and then going to Anne Franke House. Right now we have not been able to buy tickets for our mid-May tour of the house. All the other months prior have NO TICKETS for sale posted. Hmmm..

Quite perplexing. I'd like to buy ticket for Anne Franke. Any help?

Thanks,

Kathy

When checking the AF website- ticket sale, it seems tickets for April and later are not online yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on the site several times recently looking for tickets in early May and noticed in the months preceding that there are very few dates showing tickets available. I find it hard to believe that it would be that busy this time of year. Perhaps they only sell a very limited number of tickets online. Would be interested in others' experiences.

I have been on the site several times recently looking for tickets in early May and noticed in the months preceding that there are very few dates showing tickets available. I find it hard to believe that it would be that busy this time of year. Perhaps they only sell a very limited number of tickets online. Would be interested in others' experiences.

We want to go in early June. I have checked the site often too - it doesn't seem to be the most user-friendly site. I agree that it is hard to find dates when there ARE tickets available. I'm glad to hear others are having the same concerns.

Please keep posting on here if you do have luck getting tickets and when.

Thanks!

Only a certain numbers of tickets go online, as they also allow in a certain number of people without reservations. They stay in line in season for 2 hours or more sometimes.

Besides of course the house isnot large and can only have a certain number of people at the same time.

We want to go in early June. I have checked the site often too - it doesn't seem to be the most user-friendly site. I agree that it is hard to find dates when there ARE tickets available. I'm glad to hear others are having the same concerns.

Please keep posting on here if you do have luck getting tickets and when.

Thanks!

If you are staying in a hotel contact the concierge and he will be able to obtain tickets for the time and day you want,

I was told tickets are available online about 6 months out....That's about when they came available for our August 2015 date....And like what others have stated, they only have a limited # available. A guide at the house told us the line can be 5+ hours long at times.....

6 months? Things must have changed.......

I am looking at the website and there is a sentence at the top that says

the following:

"There is only a limited amount of online tickets available for each time slot. Entrance tickets become available on the website about two months in advance. If online tickets are sold out, you can always buy a ticket at the entrance to the museum."

I am going in April and it still show nothing available for April:eek:

6 months? Things must have changed.......

I am looking at the website and there is a sentence at the top that says

the following:

"There is only a limited amount of online tickets available for each time slot. Entrance tickets become available on the website about two months in advance. If online tickets are sold out, you can always buy a ticket at the entrance to the museum."

I am going in April and it still show nothing available for April:eek:

Looking at my email.....Purchased online tickets Feb 17 2015 for an Aug 8th 2015 , 10 am tour.

There was already a HUGE line up when we walked by at 0900ish.....It was an interesting tour....but not worth waiting in line that long for.

If your interested in WWII history and like a nice leisurely walk, highly recommend this tour: http://www.historywalks.eu/ It started at the Anne Frank house (didnt go inside, was just the starting point of the tour) Peter gives an awesome narrative tour....simply awesome!! Small group and you get to see a fair bit.....Can't say enough how informative it was.

Looking at my email.....Purchased online tickets Feb 17 2015 for an Aug 8th 2015 , 10 am tour.

There was already a HUGE line up when we walked by at 0900ish.....It was an interesting tour....but not worth waiting in line that long for.

If your interested in WWII history and like a nice leisurely walk, highly recommend this tour: http://www.historywalks.eu/ It started at the Anne Frank house (didnt go inside, was just the starting point of the tour) Peter gives an awesome narrative tour....simply awesome!! Small group and you get to see a fair bit.....Can't say enough how informative it was.

I wonder why the website says nothing is available:(:rolleyes::eek:....

And it also says not to call or email them. Oh well........

That walking tour looks very interesting! I may do that instead.

I will email them about times and stuff. I travel on my own and I see

they have minimum of 2 people....maybe they have other folks on the

same day as I would need.