Question about site to get Australian visa

chamima

Well, the reviews I've seen are all good.

I don't see why it should be a scam. It's not as if they're offering to get you a cut-price visa. The actual Australian visitor visa is free, what you pay for is the admin. I would think it's quite feasible that they could do that for less than the $20 'service fee' the Australian government charges.

If you've booked a Princess cruise, the visa is included in the cruise fare. You don't have to do anything. Not sure if this is always the case but when I flew to Australia several years ago for my Sydney > LA cruise, the visa was attached to my passport # by Princess. I used neither Princess air or hotel; just the cruise.

it is not included, but is done by Princess for $20 per person which is added to the cost of the cruise.
Ahhh... I didn't remember having to do anything so my TA probably did it without asking. It was certainly convenient not to have to think about it.

Has anyone used easyeta dot com (http://easyeta.com/australian-visa/types.html) to get an Australian visa and actually completed their trip to Australia?

This website charges half of what the Australian govt. website charges so just checking whether it's a bargain or a scam.

TIA!

This company don´t seem to ask for the same information as the official site http://www.travelvisaaustralia.com/

Sandy in Spain

For a Sydney to LA cruise in October 2009 Princess was automatically going to charge $20 to add the visa but our TA did it for free and she told Princess not to get us a visa for $20.

This confirms what I said in my earlier reply about the $20 being a service charge. The actual visa is free, so there's nothing to stop another agency facilitating it for free or for a lower charge

This confirms what I said in my earlier reply about the $20 being a service charge. The actual visa is free, so there's nothing to stop another agency facilitating it for free or for a lower charge

There are sub categories of online evisas. For the normal online evisa the charge is $20 and this category includes passport holders of USA, Canada and several other countries. Passport holders of all European Union countries, European Trade Authority countries and European Microstates are granted evisitor status and whilst you still have to apply/register online there is no charge. There is then a further sub category for a list of countries excluding the above for whom the charge is $105.. So the charges are different depending upon what passport the visitor holds...

Anne

Has anyone used easyeta dot com (http://easyeta.com/australian-visa/types.html) to get an Australian visa and actually completed their trip to Australia?

This website charges half of what the Australian govt. website charges so just checking whether it's a bargain or a scam.

TIA!

We're American and we Do require a Visa.

This company seems legit.

I'm just trying to find one person who has already used them successfully for a past trip.

The Easy ETA website was discussed extensively earlier this year on Trip Advisor. I would pay particular attention to the comments by Luigi.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255055-i120-k5112485-E_visa_and_easy_ETA-Australia.html#38336473

I have been to Australia many times and I have always arranged for my ETA directly through the Australian official government website.

There are sub categories of online evisas. For the normal online evisa the charge is $20 and this category includes passport holders of USA, Canada and several other countries. Passport holders of all European Union countries, European Trade Authority countries and European Microstates are granted evisitor status and whilst you still have to apply/register online there is no charge. There is then a further sub category for a list of countries excluding the above for whom the charge is $105.. So the charges are different depending upon what passport the visitor holds...

Anne

Well, while this is broadly correct, it is irrelevant to the point I was trying to make (which your post was in reply to). The Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship refers consistently to the $20 as a 'service charge' for processing your online application (not a charge for the visa itself, which is free) and also advises you that you can apply for it via your travel agent or airline (who presumably can charge as much or as little for the service as they choose).

For a Sydney to LA cruise in October 2009 Princess was automatically going to charge $20 to add the visa but our TA did it for free and she told Princess not to get us a visa for $20.

I just had my TA issue our Visas for free. she let princeess know we would not be paying them $20 pp for them.

they are electronic, so the australian government will know when they look it up on computer that you have it.

my TA has sent me the email confirming the information we gave for it. you don't get anything to put in your passport.

I'm in Canada.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, easy eta worked fine for 5 of us. We went to Perth a few months ago. We go every few years and I tried this site this time ......we are here to talk about it. We are from the U.S.

Thank you, thank you!!!!!

:) :) :)

Archived