Half Moon Cay Season Opening And Changes

aliaschief

We'll try to get some photos of it for you. Your DH has my email address, so just send me an email of what you want to know and we will do our best to find out. I don't have anything planned for HMC, so this little scavenger hunt will be just the ticket! :)

Thank You!! That would be wonderful:)

Let's see, what else am I interested in knowing/seeing at HMC?

1. The Tram (obviously) especially accessibility and Lift.

2. Accessibility of the Bar nearest to a Beach area. The Beach is so inaccessible to me in my scooter due to the sand, and at the one Bar I remember seeing at the end of one of the walkways, the sand by the bar had drifted over the walkway making the bar inaccessible to me.

3. Accessibility of the BBQ Serving area and it's height if one is in a device such as wheel chair or scooter? Which means when I am on my scooter, I need to be able to reach easily the server handing me a plate. Last time I was there I could not reach the plate and another passenger had to take the plate from the server and then hand it to me.

Think that's all for now:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Thank You!! That would be wonderful:)

Let's see, what else am I interested in knowing/seeing at HMC?

1. The Tram (obviously) especially accessibility and Lift.

2. Accessibility of the Bar nearest to a Beach area. The Beach is so inaccessible to me in my scooter due to the sand, and at the one Bar I remember seeing at the end of one of the walkways, the walkway to the bar had drifted over the walkway making the bar inaccessible to me.

3. Accessibility of the BBQ Serving area and it's height if one is in a device such as wheel chair or scooter? Which means when I am on my scooter, I need to be able to reach easily the server handing me a plate. Last time I was there I could not reach the plate and another passenger had to take the plate from the server and then hand it to me.

Think that's all for now:)

Joanie

Got it. I'll take some photos for you so you can judge if it will work. We'll also see what's new with the upgraded Island tenders.

As long as the weather is good, I will have something for you around 11/17. We added a week 11/16 - 11/23, and we're at HMC on Monday, November 17th.

Edited by POA1

You did notice, I'm sure, there are no registers, etc. at the bars. Everything is done by "hand." Unless you are the only one in the bar I cannot imagine any bartender having the time to calculate the 15% by hand and add it to the drink order for a total. I just don't see that happening ... not with my experience on HMC anyway. I'm sure a phone call to HAL after your cruise would have gotten your 49 cent overcharge refunded to you.

That's right, electronic swiping of cards at the bar is not available. All charges are hand written. Fine with me, always has been.

Since the bar tender is the one selling the drinks for HAL, it's certainly part of his job to total up a bar charge, if asked by a customer. Just because they can do it electronically onboard, that doesn't free them from doing it ashore, if asked.

I didn't call HAL about it...they have enough people calling them. But I did include it in my post-cruise online survey, just to let them know someone is being careless (the person posting the charges). If it happened to me, it's happened to others. There were other odd raising-bar-revenue issues on that cruise that seemed to be the bar staff's idea, and not HAL's. The episode on HMC fit right in...maybe it was related, maybe not. So I told them everything. I received a very nice response and was thanked for letting them know.

Bottom line: it's my responsibility, and my right as a customer, to ask for a total on a handwritten bar charge, if one is not provided.

Edited by Boatdrill

We'll try to get some photos of it for you. Your DH has my email address, so just send me an email of what you want to know and we will do our best to find out. I don't have anything planned for HMC, so this little scavenger hunt will be just the ticket! :)

Something like one of these is what I am trying to describe as a "Lift" http://wheelchairassistance.com/wheelchair-lift/22.jpg

http://www.mobilityworks.com/images_lifts/dual-post-landinglarge.jpg

Basically, something like this will do to show me that it is not only "Lift" capab;le, but also wide enough for me those of us in Mobility Devices to board the tram http://www.braunability.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Braunability-Wheelchair-lift-vangater.jpg

We went on a HAL Excursion with bus/tram and catamarran in Martinique and were told "Oh Yes" we can get your scooted on the all 3 and turned out none of them were Lift equipped and the Tram was to narrow to even park a folded el cheapo aluminum walker. I ended up getting off the bus and having to ride my scooter up some back alleys to where the tram was going. Scarey, Heck yeah!! Would I do that again fior that same Port? HECK Yeah!!

Joanie

The subject of this thread is Half Moon Cay. Please limit your posts to that subject,

If you have an issue with a post, it won't be resolved by posting your issue on the boards. Please use the report feature report.gif to let us know there's a potential issue with a post.

Thanks.

Edited by Host Walt

It is 3/4 of an hour -- $24.95 per person.

From HAL's site:

All aboard for a behind-the-scenes peek at the highlights of Half Moon Cay from the comfort of a shaded, open-air tram, accompanied by a professional guide. This excursion is designed to acquaint you with the many and varied visitor areas, activities, and amenities the island offers. First, head out along the coastline from the marina to Cannon Point for an overview of the beach activities and beautiful views of the bay and your ship. See the island’s inter-denominational chapel and do a circuit of the Dining Pavilion roundabout. Hop off the tram for a refreshing non-alcoholic beverage at Captain Morgan’s On the Rocks bar. Additional beverages are also available (at your own expense). Next, check out Pegasus Ranch and the Island ‘airport’ where seaplanes take off and land. The same 700-acre lagoon is also used for jet-skiing, glass-bottom boating and kayaking. A brief stop at the stingray center provides a different perspective of the lagoon and the chance to see stingrays in their natural habitat. Back on the tram, you’ll drive past farms that showcase local crops grown for sustainability and beautification of the island. The industrial area, including the recycling and power plants, serves many very important purposes. Conclude your tour at Lustre, the pearl kiosk, where you may wish to browse for a memento of your visit.

Notes: Minimum age is 3 years. Wear sunglasses and sunscreen; bring a hat.