Cruise Air - Booked Through TA

BereanCruiser

I am booked on a Transatlantic through Celebrity. It is a Guarantee but it is before final payment. Celebrity assigned me to a cabin that I don't like. Subsequently I found a cabin I do like (non-guarantee) through a Travel Agent. This cabin is not currently available through Celebrity. Can I cancel my original cabin with Celebrity, rebook through the TA and still use Celebrity's Cruise Air?

Dennis

I'm not quite as positive about the cruise air component as is kamloops50. Cruise air can be booked in several ways and may entail a cancellation penalty from the airline.

Have you looked on line for your preferred cabin or have you talked to a representative. Is your preferred cabin in the same category? Or, is there another cabin in your guarantee category available that is comparable? Also be aware that you may loose any OBS or liquor packages or paid gratuities by rebooking.

Regarding the airfare....have you checked to see what is available by booking yourself and avoiding the third party (Celebrity) altogether. Do be aware that you may also have to pay a higher airline fee by rebooking.

If you want more specific advice about the air component, please provide a little more information including dates and destinations on the Cruse Air Forum under the Discussions boards.

Edited by alcpa1

I'm not quite as positive about the cruise air component as is kamloops50. Cruise air can be booked in several ways and may entail a cancellation penalty from the airline.

Have you looked on line for your preferred cabin or have you talked to a representative. Is your preferred cabin in the same category? Or, is there another cabin in your guarantee category available that is comparable? Also be aware that you may loose any OBS or liquor packages or paid gratuities by rebooking.

Regarding the airfare....have you checked to see what is available by booking yourself and avoiding the third party (Celebrity) altogether. Do be aware that you may also have to pay a higher airline fee by rebooking.

If you want more specific advice about the air component, please provide a little more information including dates and destinations on the Cruse Air Forum under the Discussions boards.

No, I have not talked to a Celebrity rep about changing the cabin I was assigned to for one of my preferred cabins. I am currently booked on the Equinox transatlantic sailing on April 27, 2015. I have a veranda guarantee and was assigned cat. 1B cabin 9108. Though this is a good category, I would prefer a cabin on the Continental Deck (6) and one closer to the middle of the ship. 9108 is very close to the front of the ship. I would be willing to accept even a partially obstructed view cabin on Deck 6. Does Celebrity allow you to change cabins once you are assigned one?

The reason I would like to use Celebrity's air is that I only need a one-way air ticket from Barcelona back to the U.S. and found out that their one-way fares are much cheaper than booking direct with the airline.

The reason I would like to use Celebrity's air is that I only need a one-way air ticket from Barcelona back to the U.S. and found out that their one-way fares are much cheaper than booking direct with the airline.

Usually because the cruiseline air department has a roundtrip ticket and sells each direction to two different people.

I agree with Keith1010 that calling and getting a straight answer from Celebrity would be worth the call.

Just a couple questions/thoughts:

1) Have you already booked choice air? If so there have been reports that once the original booking is cancelled, the choice air booking may be cancelled. If you have not already booked choice air and are simply asking if you can get choice air when booking through a TA, the answer is a simple yes.

2) Worth asking Celebrity for a cabin change. Many people report being able to be moved to another cabin within the same category and even though the one listed through the TA is not showing up (have you actually tried to book that one on the Celebrity site?) you should be able to switch to another 1b that you find more appealing. And although no one has mentioned it, perhaps you could move to a 1c or other lower cabin without issue. There are a number of other travel sites that do a much better job than the Celebrity site of showing exactly what cabins are still available. I'm not able to list them here but a google search should give you a couple ideas. The Celebrity site usually only shows 4-6 cabins while two others I go to list most cabins still available in each category.

Again, call Celebrity and get a straight answer. Perhaps if you tell them you are considering cancelling your booking with them to switch to a TA they may even be more helpful.

Edited by RickT

I agree with Keith1010 that calling and getting a straight answer from Celebrity would be worth the call.

Just a couple questions/thoughts:

1) Have you already booked choice air? If so there have been reports that once the original booking is cancelled, the choice air booking may be cancelled. If you have not already booked choice air and are simply asking if you can get choice air when booking through a TA, the answer is a simple yes.

2) Worth asking Celebrity for a cabin change. Many people report being able to be moved to another cabin within the same category and even though the one listed through the TA is not showing up (have you actually tried to book that one on the Celebrity site?) you should be able to switch to another 1b that you find more appealing. And although no one has mentioned it, perhaps you could move to a 1c or other lower cabin without issue. There are a number of other travel sites that do a much better job than the Celebrity site of showing exactly what cabins are still available. I'm not able to list them here but a google search should give you a couple ideas. The Celebrity site usually only shows 4-6 cabins while two others I go to list most cabins still available in each category.

Again, call Celebrity and get a straight answer. Perhaps if you tell them you are considering cancelling your booking with them to switch to a TA they may even be more helpful.

Rick, I have not yet booked Choice Air. I have just booked the cruise with Celebrity. Celebrity does not show any other veranda cabins, other than Guarantee. Another online TA, however, shows many veranda cabins available including some cabins that I like for the same low price that I paid for the Guarantee. I am planning on calling tomorrow morning asking them if they can change the cabin from the one they assigned to me to one that I like.

Thanks,

Dennis

Edited by BereanCruiser

Rick, I have not yet booked Choice Air. I have just booked the cruise with Celebrity. Celebrity does not show any other veranda cabins, other than Guarantee. Another online TA, however, shows many veranda cabins available including some cabins that I like for the same low price that I paid for the Guarantee. I am planning on calling tomorrow morning asking them if they can change the cabin from the one they assigned to me to one that I like.

Thanks,

Dennis

If I am understanding this correctly, OP booked a GUARANTEE cabin with X. Then found an online TA with a more desirable cabin in the same category.

Calling X will do no good until X recalls the cabins back in from the TA's. TA has probably "block booked" ZZZZ amount of veranda cabins. Why would the TA allow Celebrity to take over the booking, give away one of the TA's block booked cabins and then most likely NOT give the TA any commissio?

OP-CANCEL your cruise on X almost simultaneously with booking the cabin you want with the TA. BEFORE you cancel with X, MAKE SURE the cabin you want is available for the same price, same amenities, etc. etc. IF so, use two phones-let the TA know what you are doing. TA can hold the cabin you want while you cancel with X.

Then you are just a new booking. BUT be aware-if that TA price is for NEW BOOKING'S ONLY, you are not eligible.

Adding on air through Cruise Air, your TA or doing it yourself should be very easy AFTER you sort out your cabin. You have two totally separate issues to work through.

You are very welcome and I am glad that you are doing this. Good luck with all of this.

Keith

Everything worked out to my satisfaction. X was able to change my cabin to a cabin I like within my original category at the same price. It is on the hump on deck 8. This should be good on a transatlantic - pretty much in the center of the ship.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Everything worked out to my satisfaction. X was able to change my cabin to a cabin I like within my original category at the same price. It is on the hump on deck 8. This should be good on a transatlantic - pretty much in the center of the ship.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Congrats. And thanks for circling back and letting us know the outcome. I guess it was another case of the Celebrity website not listing all available cabins. Have a great cruise.