Strange procing w/ lower category more money

Jade13

I realize it is supply and demand but Celebrity and Azamara change pricing a lot more regularily than HAL (more like the airlines)

I just checked the Feb 6 Quest sailing and for an Ocean View Cat 6 is more than Cat 5 and Cat 4.

Azamara Feb 6, 2010

Feb 6 OV

Cat 4 $2,599.00

Cat 5 $2,549.00

Cat 6 $2,699.00

Cat 7 $2,449.00

Btw, can anyone tell me if you are on Deck 6 if you will have access to outside space? There is a big white space and I'm guessing that is where the life boats are located? I am used to ships with wraparound Verandas so I'm trying to tell where I can go outside on Quest? Thanks.

Btw, can anyone tell me if you are on Deck 6 if you will have access to outside space? There is a big white space and I'm guessing that is where the life boats are located? I am used to ships with wraparound Verandas so I'm trying to tell where I can go outside on Quest? Thanks.

Deck 5, 9, 10, & 11 have outdoor space but none on the others unless you have a balcony

Looks like CAT 7 cabins are smaller 143 sq ft others mentioned are approx 165 sq ft

it is all about location

Their yield management software is indeed similar to that of airlines, much more so that most cruise lines. I've seen prices change more than once on a single day and some unbelievable bargains pop up for a couple of hours. They do know how to fill up a ship after which the real money can then be made.

Deck 5, 9, 10, & 11 have outdoor space but none on the others unless you have a balcony

Looks like CAT 7 cabins are smaller 143 sq ft others mentioned are approx 165 sq ft

it is all about location

What is the white space on Deck 6?

What is the white space on Deck 6?

Do you mean on Deck 6 ?

it is outside space where the lifeboats are

If you go on Deck 5 outside the lifeboat hang above you ...they are level with deck 6

Here is a picture of the Regatta (same ships as Azamara)

the crew are on deck 5 life boats level with deck 6

Wow, there really is no outside space on this ship unless you go to the pool or I guess the running track.

Ok, on Deck 6, does the deck wraparound etc., or just a small outside space?

Wow, there really is no outside space on this ship unless you go to the pool or I guess the running track.

Ok, on Deck 6, does the deck wraparound etc., or just a small outside space?

It is a small ship

Deck 5 has a small outside space on both sides pretty much the same area as the life boat section

Deck 9 pool area deck 10 track, deck 11 forward all public areas

Jade, there is nowhere to walk outside on deck 6. The white space you are looking at on the deck plan is where the lifeboats are secured. On deck 5, you can walk under the lifeboats. There are also deck chairs there.

Take a look again at the picture in the previous post. The people at the lifeboat drill are standing on deck 5. The lifeboats are above them in the "white space" you see on the deck plan on deck 6. The lifeboats are blocking the view in the deck 6 "obstructed view" cabins.

Jade, there is nowhere to walk outside on deck 6. The white space you are looking at on the deck plan is where the lifeboats are secured. On deck 5, you can walk under the lifeboats. There are also deck chairs there.

Take a look again at the picture in the previous post. The people at the lifeboat drill are standing on deck 5. The lifeboats are above them in the "white space" you see on the deck plan on deck 6. The lifeboats are blocking the view in the deck 6 "obstructed view" cabins.

Thanks. I am asking because we just gave up our Verandah due to price. We just got back from Antarctica and last minute going to the Arctic, so we need to cut costs somewhere (I guess on Azamara). Started with a SunSet , than 1A and now OV. My DH would be happy with an inside to save money. I really wanted the Verandah but I honestly never use them and two of our top three all time vacations were on small ships and OV or porthole only.

I like to be near a door so I can go out if I see something to photograph. I wanted a forward stateroom on Deck 7 (I just gave one up) but am now on Deck 6. Perhaps I should move to Deck 5? We will be using the gym and running on the track every day.

If you were picking an OV, which one would you take if it was available?

Btw, to us this ship is not small. We were on smaller in the Great Barrier Reef (about 40 passengers), Galapagos and Antarctica.

Jade, if you want on OV, take a category 04, which happens to be on deck 4. Don't take a cabin on deck 6 because they are smaller and the obstructed view drives some people crazy. And don't take a OV guarantee because you could wind up in one of those small, obstructed view cabins. We've been in everything from a Penthouse Suite to an OV on deck 4. The only problem we had was with a cabin with a connecting door. We'll never book one of those again, having heard every word spoken by the people next door.

Jade, if you want on OV, take a category 04, which happens to be on deck 4. Don't take a cabin on deck 6 because they are smaller and the obstructed view drives some people crazy. And don't take a OV guarantee because you could wind up in one of those small, obstructed view cabins. We've been in everything from a Penthouse Suite to an OV on deck 4. The only problem we had was with a cabin with a connecting door. We'll never book one of those again, having heard every word spoken by the people next door.

Right now we are in one of the Deck 6 forward cabins next to the PH. It actually appears larger than the staterooms with the Verandahs. We are one of the few people who like forward cabins and we just have to walk "up" to get to the gym, etc. Do those forward cabins (Deck 6 & 7) appear to be smaller than the ones on Deck 4?

We have also been in a wide range of staterooms from the "Master Suite" on a small ship to the smallest porthole. I just would not be happy in an inside since I like the light.

6004 and 6005 are bigger than the standard balcony and deck 4 OV cabins. The reason? They include the extra square footage of the balcony they don't have. You can see this clearly on the deck plan. If you don't mind the added motion in rough weather, they're ideal.

Have you looked at a deck plan?

6004 and 6005 are bigger than the standard balcony and deck 4 OV cabins. The reason? They include the extra square footage of the balcony they don't have. You can see this clearly on the deck plan. If you don't mind the added motion in rough weather, they're ideal.

Have you looked at a deck plan?

Great, yes and I did look at the Deck plans. We have never had a problem with rough weather and we just made it through the Drake passage in Antarctica in a forward stateroom.

Archived