LEGEND review

doegirl

Okay everyone...here it is....

We arrived at the port last Friday at about 11:30 am. There were still a few people to clear out from the previous cruise, but the wait wasn't bad. We were moved through pretty quickly and put onboard by 12:30.

There was alot of food on the LIDO deck! The ship is very pretty.

We had grey luggage tags as we did the "Hopeful Upgrade" think. We were upgraded to the top deck, cabin 8132 and my sister was in 8136.

We rec'd our luggage abou 3:00 pm, but others still were waiting when we sailed.

WE chose early dining and were seated on the top floor of the dining room. This worked out nice as the Maitre D speaks to everyone from up there. He is very fun, best one yet!!!

Yes, I have had better food but I still think the food was great! The portions are smaller but we ordered more with no problem. I think they are smarter, less food is wasted by people who "try" three entrees!

The second night at sea is the Captain's Dinner formal night. With the traditional cocktail party before it.

The Cruise Director and his staff were great. The shows were good too. Comedy was okay. Our favorite was a phillipino band in Satchmo's Lounge. They played everything from Led Zepplin to Joan Jett. Alot of classic rock. THe lead guitar guy Mike is awesome!. He even plays with his teeth on Freebird! Which people cried out for everynight!

St. Maarten......well, let's just say I'm glad we decided on an excursion. THe shopping is good if you want perfume, gold jewerly or booze. we signed up for the America's Cup excursion just after boarding on friday, because there was no one at the excursion desk in line and we had heard it sells out. It was fun! You help sail in the race! All but about 5 ladies will have work to do! Yes, it is partly rigged but still worth it. The only complaint was that the photo from them is $30.00! Our group bought 1 and then we all took digital pictures of it once back on board!

BTW, there is a pretty sign for pictures right at the port. We got off right away at took a cab to the shopping. Bought two bottles and some souveniers and return them to our cabin before the excursion. We were back so early we just walked right passed the liquor collection table. Thus, we never paid for drinks again!

After the excursion we walked back to the port and did some more shopping there. The prices are just about $1.00 more right there. So we bought two more bottles to "check in"

Barbados .....well, unfortunetly it was raining. Most tours were canceled. Except for the Kayaks!! We ended up getting a cab, private island tour. He took us all around for $60.00 for the 4 of us. Had i known the kayaks were still going we would have tried to get on that. SHpping is about the same as St. Maarten. I still don't understand why they say the shopping is to be done there. We found the same prices in all three ports! The downtown shopping area is dirtier though.

Martinique I wish we had more time here! It is a huge island and I found it pretty. We hired a private cab again. He was very polite, clean it was awesome. He took us in his Merecedes through the city, mountains etc. He stopped at key places for photos. We went to the rainforest. He let us climb done the steps to the waterfall. The steps are on the side of the bridge. It was beautiful! Dropped us at the shopping area and we walked back. Cute market area and decent prices.

there is much more to say, but i need a break, I'll continue with part 2 later.

Email me if you want me to answer specifics!

Kelli

sales@embroider-me.com

Sounds like you really enjoyed your cruise. I'll be anxious to read Part 2 of your review. Who was the cruise director? My husband and I will also be on the Legend in January (for the 3rd time) :cool: .

Cindy

Brett Alan was the cruise director. His assistand was Brent and they call him Nancy, so people won't confuse them. Brent is awaiting to be CD of his own ship, so he may not be there when you all sail.

I believe Everything's Cool is still closed. I did hear people talking about that,

Archived