Price changes after booking

92mill

Has anyone got any experience of how Regent reacts when someone who has already booked notices that the price on the internet has become lower than when they first booked? We are based in the UK.

I think Regent's pricing and policies are different by location. For example, in December we paid $6K pp for our recent cruise that ended last week including $900 for the air. Our friends from the UK booked around the same time and paid only 2100 GBP incl. air. Granted their air is cheaper but even removing the air credit, etc, they ended up paying a whole lot less than we did. I spoke to about 15 psgrs on the ship from the UK and they all paid within a range of 2100-2500 GBP for this sailing.

The sore point in addition to the fare difference was that they also received comp upgrades to Category D plus hotel which we paid for on our own as we booked an H GTY cabin

Edited by tallship

I certainly understand what you are saying about the fare differential and added perks offered to those on the same sailing, Tallship. We had a similar experience on our sailing in March on the Mariner.

We try to avoid discussing cost on the voyage as I don't want to get upset or feel taken advantage of. However several passengers felt the need of boasting about their "great bargain" without being asked.

Has Regent thought about the long term consequences of this strategy? If it appears a sailing isn't doing well a reduced price early on would make it easier to sell.

Edited by Eager2Travel

I pretty much agree with tallship about pricing in general. Besides, when someone finds a sale, others should not begrudge them their good fortune. I booked a cruise for this coming November (on the sister line, Oceania) and took advantage of a special that includes internet and tips. If you book now, you would not get that special. There are specials and sales of all different types -- some people are simply in the right place at the right time.

Getting back to the OP's question, I think a response is needed from someone in the U.K. that booked directly with Regent to post. For that reason I felt that a phone call to them would be the best thing to do. Unfortunately, if you book through Regent, you are stuck with their rules. When you book with some TA's, they may have creative ways to assist you.