Your favorite cooking tool?

TravelSmarty

A few years ago, I ordered the Miracle Blade knife set. It is amazing. I would never want another set of knives. I have had them for 4 years, and my parents have had their set for 10 years. They never need sharpening and will cut through anything.

My whisk is used on a daily basis for something or other! And yes...sharp knives do make a difference!

I guess the thing I use the most would be my food saver...I LOVE that thing! I've sealed everything from cheese, to meats, to piecrusts that I make "en masse" and freeze for later....so easy!

A well-seasoned cast iron dutch oven sitting between 2 beds of coals (top and bottom) buried in a hole next to my campfire.

"Roughing it" makes you appreciate the simple things much more.:D

My measuring cups and whisk. I cannot work without them. How about you guys?

I use my Cutco knives everyday. Love my dutch oven, too. But I'm curious, you guys that use whisks---what are you doing with them? :) I break mine out twice a year to whisk the gravy for special occasions.

I use my Cutco knives everyday. Love my dutch oven, too. But I'm curious, you guys that use whisks---what are you doing with them? :) I break mine out twice a year to whisk the gravy for special occasions.

I use my whisks for making scrambled eggs, mixing cheese into soups, making a rue for mac n cheese, and lots of other things I cannot think of right now. In fact, I am often washing it because I need it again before I have a chance to run the dishwasher!

Thongs - they are great for cooking with (never pierce meat while cooking so juices don't run out) bacon, sausage, frying and serving. I cannot live without them and can even spin them around my fingers like Bourdain:cool:

Cuisinart Smart Stick is great (proud owner of two). Soups and sauces can be pureed to desired consistency, right in the pot. Smoothies can be made in a large glass. I even have one for making dog food. That must count for something!

I "stir" almost EVERYTHING with a whisk....not just gravy, but cocktail sauce (for seafood), cream sauces (for mac and cheese, or a cheese sauce for broccoli), hollandaise sauce...anything that could possibly have a lump, I whisk!

Shoot...I've even used one of my largest whisks to mix paint! Faster than one of those "stirrer sticks" they give you in the paint store!

As a chef I would say my hands....but I don't miss a day using my tongs and whisk as others have mentioned. Also have to mention my huge Le Creuset dutch oven as braising is one of my favorite cooking methods.

Archived