Allure- MTD/CK for Suites

Are reservations needed for Suite guests for MTD or can we just show up?

Is it best to make nightly reservations for CK in advance and then cancel early if eating elsewhere? Or are walk-ins okay?

One last question, is there a restaurant like Chops that suite guests can take their windjammer food into on embarkation day at lunch? On Freedom, we took our food into Chops.

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are reservations needed for Suite guests for MTD or can we just show up? ...

MTD reservations are not mandatory for any guests, and it's not possible to determine in advance what your typical wait might be, with or without reservations. Too many factors involved.

If you are going to MTD for either of the formal nights, I would recommend reservations. For any other night, we were seated the moment we arrived on our May Allure sailing. There are two lines, one for reservations/suite guests and one for no reservations.

We only ate at CK twice and didn't have reservations either night but we ate fairly late. From others I spoke with, they were very busy during peak times and most made reservations so they didn't have to wait.

Have a great cruise!!

Are reservations needed for Suite guests for MTD or can we just show up?

Is it best to make nightly reservations for CK in advance and then cancel early if eating elsewhere? Or are walk-ins okay?

One last question, is there a restaurant like Chops that suite guests can take their windjammer food into on embarkation day at lunch? On Freedom, we took our food into Chops.

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, On Allure, there are no specialty restaurants located near the windjammer

Enjoy

M

Coastal Kitchen is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day for suite and Pinnacles guests. The food and service is much better there than in the MTD dining room. We made reservations for dinner every nite in CK as we like to eat fairly early. We did bring lunch from the WJ up to the suite lounge/CK once as it is only 1 deck above and the WJ was packed.

On embarkation day a buffet lunch was set up in the suite lounge when I sailed the Allure last year. I also made all my Coastal Kitchen dinner reservations on the first night. Never went to the main dining room or the Windjammer.

If you are going to MTD for either of the formal nights, I would recommend reservations. For any other night, we were seated the moment we arrived on our May Allure sailing. There are two lines, one for reservations/suite guests and one for no reservations.

We only ate at CK twice and didn't have reservations either night but we ate fairly late. From others I spoke with, they were very busy during peak times and most made reservations so they didn't have to wait.

Have a great cruise!!

On our Allure sailing in May, suite guests got in neither line. They walked down the middle between the lines and were immediately taken into the dining room.

We sailed the Allure May 2016. Coastal Kitchen was open for lunch on embarkation day. Same was true for our next 6 sailings on the Harmony and Oasis.

All of our meals are eaten in the Coastal Kitchen. Leaving on the Allure 2 weeks from tomorrow.

Why would you give up CK in order to dine with those in steerage class.

I sailed the Allure last month. Food is very subjective but I enjoyed the dinner choices in the MDR much more than the choices in CK. We always had room service for breakfast, so I can't compare MDR and CK for breakfast, and lunch was always at WJ, pizza or the MDR for the tutti salad bar. The snacks in the suite lounge were always nice because for some reason, we could never get our acts together and get to CK for breakfast or lunch (already closed every time we tried).

I was also disappointed with our meal at Giovanni's this time. It wasn't bad, it just was nothing special. When we dined there in 2013, the food was excellent.