What do men wear on feet?

Pbk669

For my last cruise I bought a pair of Tevas. They are closed toed but open on the sides, etc. They are great around the pool or at the beach. they are easy to put on and take off and have the added benefit of drying quickly. I also bring top-siders. They are great on slippery decks. If they are not totally thrashed they can be worn in the dining rooms.

I used to only wear tennis shoes. While on a cruise with a stop in St Thomas we were on a shore excursion and stopped at a place selling Tevas. I've been hooked ever since! Very comfortable and fast drying. A must have for me when cruising! :D

Taking a cruise to the islands is the perfect time to get acclimated to wearing sandals/flip flops. You will see all sorts of footwear on a cruise, but most men will wear some sort of sandals/flip flops. Some men even wear socks with their sandals - that is really goofy.

My husband will not wear sandals. He doesn't like the thong between his toes on flip-flops. docksiders

This will not work for the "absolute sandal hating types" but for those of you such as my wife who do not want something between their toes, you might look at Birkenstocks. No toe thong and they are very comfortable with a good arch.

I wear mine all year round. During the summer w/o socks; during the winter with heavy hiking socks. The only times I do not wear them is when it rains or snows or my wife tells me that Birkenstocks with dress socks are not acceptable wear on dress up occasions. I argue with her but I generally give in.

Love em.

DON

I'm going on my first cruise and I have to admit, i DESPISE sandals. It doesn't matter how hot the day is, you will never catch me in sandals or anything like that. It's not like I think they look ugly on other people, I just can't stand them on my feet.

I am the guy that brings his nice pair of Nikes or another nice pair of shoe to the beach/pool and after arriving then I take them off and enjoy the sand/swimming.

I know this must sound weird but I just cant do sandals, at all. On a scale from 1 through 10, how goofy will I look? I actually thought about buying Aqua Socks but I think that would even be worse. So, I guess my question is to the more experienced cruised then I, what do you see males wearing while on the ship or port or islands?

Duuuude! You can wear any footwear you are comfortable with on the beach or around the pool. No one will care. You will be perfectly comfortable knocking around the ship during the day in your Nikes, and you will fit in just fine.

DH wears leather 'fisherman' sandals. They offer more coverage, support and a lot more comfort than flip flops and crocs. And look so much nicer!

For dinner, he wears dark leather topsiders/deck shoes/moccasins, which are perfect with khakis and a polo or buttoned shirt. (No suit/tuxedo)