Internet rates on the Fantasy

aircontroller13

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/disney-cruise-line-navigator-app/

Disney Cruise Line Navigator App

Welcome to a brand-new way to cruise! Now you can receive valuable information directly on your mobile device during your cruise thanks to the official Disney Cruise Line app, the Disney Cruise Line Navigator.

The app is currently available on the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Magic, and the Disney Wonder. Best of all, we will be adding new features every step of the way.

How It Works

Download the app—available for free in the Apple App Store℠ for iOS devices and Google Play™ for Android devices—before you arrive at the embarkation port and then, once onboard, connect to the ship's WiFi network—complimentary for app use only—and enjoy your vacation like never before!

With just a simple tap of your smart phone, effortlessly find up-to-date information about:

Character experiences

Deck Parties

Dining

Entertainment

Live shows

Nightclubs and lounges

Ports of call

Spa services

Shopping

Youth clubs

You can also:

See what's happening every minute of every day

Save favorite activities to one convenient list

Explore the ship from bow to stern, deck by deck

The Disney Cruise Line Navigator is your handy guide to the magic that awaits your entire family while on board so you never have to miss a thing!

Thank you responding! The email I received today said you can text family members or guest inboard but a fee applies for internet. That is the rate I am trying to find. I was wondering if it would be the same rate as the Internet cafe or a bit cheaper. Have a great night.

Thank you responding! The email I received today said you can text family members or guest inboard but a fee applies for internet. That is the rate I am trying to find. I was wondering if it would be the same rate as the Internet cafe or a bit cheaper. Have a great night.

Internet access onboard costs the same, regardless of the equipment you use to access it. To use the app for onboard information and texting others in your party there's no charge.

Here's the internet costs on the DCL website:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/services/internet-phone-services/

In September 2014 there was no charge (used no date) to contact any Disney web site--DCL, WDW, Disney app.

I've purchased the 1 gig for $89 package for my daughter. It was WAY more than enough on a 14 night cruise, and she was on line a lot. She had half of it left at the end of the cruise.

One hint--check at the internet cafe on day 1. There have been intermittent specials that were not listed in the Navigator. We've seen 5 mb free good only on day 1 and 50 that could be used throughout the cruise but you could only get the freebie on day 1. I am not aware of any way to predict when these might be offered (on any particular cruise), but even 5 gives you a chance to try the system. 50 could be enough for the entire cruise depending on your planned use. These were both on the Magic.

On our Fantasy cruise, there was no internet cafe but there was a person at GS who could help with internet issues.

• 2 weeks later...

The thing that bothers me about this app is you have to turn on wifi, which is expected, but which also means other apps on your phone will start using wifi doing automatic updates. Those will all need to be turned off. They don't mention that part. Imagine Facebook playing catch-up in the background or suddenly getting email.