Kids at Captains party or Art auctions?

kfinfam

My girls always go to the Captain's and Return Passenger Cocktail Parties, and they've never been the only kids. They love having a Shirley Temple and dancing with me in their fancy dresses. We've never done the art auctions - I don't think they'd be interested so would have a difficult time keeping quiet. If I brought them, I'd sit way off to the side for a speedy exit (like I do at the production shows).

Best,

Mia

Kids are welcome almost everywhere, but things like the art auction will most likely bore your kids to tears...the shows are entertaining and they should go to those (with the exception of the late-night "adult" show.

The Captain's Party, etc...are fine to take them to...but, again, they may be quite bored!

Just asked my son his thoughts on this - he's joined us at the captain's party on all of our Carnival cruises so far, from age 9 - 13. He says he likes the dressing up part, and getting free nonalcoholic "fancy" drinks (though I know this may not be available on Carnival any more). He generally enjoys going. But his first response was "that party with the stupid meatball appetizers?", lol. We don't care for all the appetizers offered, can you tell? :p

We've never done art auctions, sorry.

Archived