price change

bnorris10

Stateroom:

Room # GTY, Category 07A

This is what I have and I looked yesterday and noticed the price is about 2k cheaper then it was before but I booked thru travel agent does that matter?

The "GTY" flag may be a deal killer. Since you booked through a TA, they will have to negotiate on your behalf. Call your TA and see if they can get Disney to budge.

You call Disney and they automatically adjust it. But not if it is a IGT, OGT, or VGT rate. Those require you to cancel, lose your deposit and potentially part of your fare (depends how far out), then rebook.

Actually the *GT (last minute restricted fares) are non-refundable, since these typically are offered after the paid in full date. If you find a *GT rate lower after you've booked it (extremely rare), you'd have to outright cancel (with no refund), losing your money to book the new rate.

Now, GTY rates are regular rates offered once a certain percentage of rooms within a category have been booked. You can book a specific category of room, for example a 9C, but you cannot select a specific room. With these, I believe it's possible to get any regular rate changes. I'll just point out that DCL doesn't usually lower their rates. If you used a TA to book the cruise, the TA would have to be the one to contact DCL for the adjustment.

If someone has a regular reservation (already has a room assignment, or a GTY booking), and a lower rate is offered, you have to be sure it's not a *GT rate, since those are on new bookings only. No adjustment will be made for those.

It's quite possible that a *GT rate can be lower than a GTY (or a reservation with a specific room). But, as I said, typically they are offered after the Paid in Full date. You can cancel a regular reservation (with penalties) and book the *GT. Occasionally you can still save money that way.

The "GTY" flag may be a deal killer. Since you booked through a TA, they will have to negotiate on your behalf. Call your TA and see if they can get Disney to budge.

Sorry, not correct.

An 07GTY is just like any other cat 7 booking. If it is before the penalty date, call your TA. They will have to call DCL and Disney will adjust to match the new rate. If it is after the penalty date, you will have to calculate whether it is worth a cancelation, take the penalty and rebook at the new rate. BUT the rate you need to be comparing is a cat 7 GTY that you booked to a cat 7 today.

A *GT is a NON REFUNDABLE rate (IGT/OGT/VGT). No refunds, no adjustments. This is totally different than on 07GTY rate. *GT are usually available for new bookings only, and may indeed be far cheaper than a GTY. To get this rate if you already have a booking, you need to cancel what you have, take the penalty (if past the penalty date) and rebook the new one. Be sure you understand ALL the restrictions of this rate.