Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
- Read thousands of Royal Caribbean Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
- Write a Royal Caribbean Cruise Review
- Find Your Royal Caribbean Roll Call
See posts about:
Adventure of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Quantum of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas

Allure of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Vision of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas

Old February 4th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Portofinos

Does anyone know what's the earliest reser. we can get @ Portifinos. We have an excursion in Aruba @7:45pm - So we want to be out of there no later than 7:20pm. - Is this possible. Also, on the 2nd formal night, if we eat at portifinos can we go casual? - Thanks so much. Leaving on Adventure of the Seas TOMMORROW BABY!

Old February 4th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancunyogi
Does anyone know what's the earliest reser. we can get @ Portifinos. We have an excursion in Aruba @7:45pm - So we want to be out of there no later than 7:20pm. - Is this possible. Also, on the 2nd formal night, if we eat at portifinos can we go casual? - Thanks so much. Leaving on Adventure of the Seas TOMMORROW BABY!
The attire is smart casual at Chops and Portofino. It's in the daily compass when you get to the cabin. I just looked at the compass I have and it says 6:00-10:00 pm. Maybe you should go there on another night?

Last edited by 1corona4u; February 4th, 2006 at 08:34 PM.

Old February 4th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

If we get in there right at 6:00, we'll have almost 90 minutes to eat. -There's only two of us. That should be O.K. - It's either that or we go to the Windjammer (we have the late seating for the main dining room) - Thanks for the info.

Old February 4th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
If we get in there right at 6:00, we'll have almost 90 minutes to eat. -There's only two of us. That should be O.K. - It's either that or we go to the Windjammer (we have the late seating for the main dining room) - Thanks for the info.
When you get there, I'd tell the waiter/waitress, because in both Chops, and Portofino, it took us nearly 2 hours, but if you let them know, maybe they can move it along....

Old February 4th, 2006, 09:10 PM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
My recollection (which is admittedly imperfect) is that the Windjammer re-opens for dinner at 7 P.M. At least, I know that it did on the Sovereign last week.

First seating for dinner in the Main Dining Room is 6 P.M. That seems like a better bet if you'll be even slightly rushed. Why rush something you are paying extra for, and should savor????

I have cruised on:

Princess: Crown Princess, Sapphire Princess
Celebrity: Summit
Royal Caribbean: Quantum, Allure, Oasis, Independence, Liberty, Freedom, Mariner, Navigator, Explorer, Voyager, Jewel, Serenade, Enchantment, Grandeur, Legend, Majesty, Monarch, Sovereign

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion_Mom
My recollection (which is admittedly imperfect) is that the Windjammer re-opens for dinner at 7 P.M. At least, I know that it did on the Sovereign last week.

First seating for dinner in the Main Dining Room is 6 P.M. That seems like a better bet if you'll be even slightly rushed. Why rush something you are paying extra for, and should savor????
I agree. It's not a place you want to be rushed though. It's a night to really enjoy.

Old February 4th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the advice. We'll shoot for another night.

Old February 4th, 2006, 09:27 PM
40,000+ Club

Don't frown, cancunyogi! You have seven wonderful nights to experience. They will ALL be wonderful!

Old February 4th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Can you make reservations in advance for Portofino??

Old February 4th, 2006, 09:35 PM
40,000+ Club

The instant you set foot on the ship. But not before. The easiest way is to walk up to the restaurant and speak to the Maitre D', who should be standing there, smiling, waiting for you.

Old February 4th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

You can't make reservations for either Portofinos or Chops until you board the ship.

Go there shortly after you board, and make your reservations for your preferred night. We usually check the back page of the daily Compass which will be on the bed in your room. It will have a schedule of all of the week's events. We make our reservations based on that schedule.

Often I hear that people try to plan for the specialty restaurants in advance. We always wait to see the new schedule, and plan from that, since it can change from week to week.

Old February 4th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

I just read somewhere recently, that you do not need reservations for them on the first night of the cruise too....can't remember where I saw that....maybe in the compass...yep, just checked, and it's in the NOS compass from the first night.

Old February 4th, 2006, 10:01 PM
40,000+ Club

I don't understand how you can "not need reservations." What if 100 people show up at 7 o'clock???

Old February 4th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion_Mom
I don't understand how you can "not need reservations." What if 100 people show up at 7 o'clock???
I don't know...that's what it says.....maybe they would tell them to just come back later?....it's a puzzler for sure. Maybe people just don't normally go there because of the attire thing though, since they may not have their luggage or whatever....

Old February 4th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Maybe it is first come, first serve on the first night?!?!?!?

Old February 4th, 2006, 10:51 PM
40,000+ Club

On one "first night" on Explorer, Portofino's was only $10 each! (and it was my daughter's birthday, so we REALLY CELEBRATED!)