Choice between 2 special restaurants in Curacao - what to do....

calicostorms

I wanted to surprise DH while in Curacao as we are celebrating our 22nd anniversary. Since we will be there well into the evening I want to do a romantic dinner. I have found 2 places that I now can't decide between and wondering if instead if I should just pick one or ask him which he would like more (thus taking the surprise out of it)

One has an amazing romantic ambience that could very well be a once in a lifetime thing for us - private dining in a cabana on the beach - how much more romantic can you get??? (Baoase Luxury Resort) However although the food sounds very interesting, it is more Asian inspired and we are not particularly Asian food fans (it's ok but just not something we would go to a special restaurant for).

The second choice definitely has much more in the way of food we would enjoy and be beyond happy with but no where near the ambience. (The Wine Cellar).

So do I go for the ambience or the food? (oh yeah, although I am more than willing to spend good money for our special night, the price difference is quite notable... it will not be the deciding factor, but if I ask hubby which he would like and he notices, I know he will go with the cheaper option as he never likes me to spend money on him... he does what ever makes me happy but the whole point is that I am wanting to make him happy and do something special for him; I just don't know which one to choose).

suggestions appreciated :confused: