Favorite Oasis desserts

gs627

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing in the WJ....they all "look" good but most are gelatin based with little to no taste... Sorry .... I never pass up the slightest chance to vent about this subject ;)

Yeah, I know what you mean. When I was on freedom of the seas I was kinda disappointed due too many gelatin based cakes. Ben and Gerry ice cream was my escape for a good chocolate kick.

I was hoping oasis would have more choice but seems like they all the same. The only thing so far I am disappointed with Royal Caribbean is dessert menu. On the other hand my husband likes their dessert menu since they are not too sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree about RCI desserts in WJ buffet. Sometimes you can get a nice actual layer cake, but too much gelatin abounds, I agree with you! The cookies are delicious if they are not over baked... nice and soft - yum!

The carrot cake USED to be my favorite dessert (moist cake, delicious icing!), but recent cruises have seen the change... they are now little mini-muffin type servings and so awful. The sugar-free Key Lime Pie is also terrible now, like a gelatinous mousse. *ugh* I think I shed a tear... :(:(:(

etokay, you might like the Key Lime pie in the dining room. Also there are different flavors of hard ice cream each night and they are served with a little cookie, very nice. :)

Agree about RCI desserts in WJ buffet. Sometimes you can get a nice actual layer cake, but too much gelatin abounds, I agree with you! The cookies are delicious if they are not over baked... nice and soft - yum!

The carrot cake USED to be my favorite dessert (moist cake, delicious icing!), but recent cruises have seen the change... they are now little mini-muffin type servings and so awful. The sugar-free Key Lime Pie is also terrible now, like a gelatinous mousse. *ugh* I think I shed a tear... :(:(:(

etokay, you might like the Key Lime pie in the dining room. Also there are different flavors of hard ice cream each night and they are served with a little cookie, very nice. :)

Thank you, yes I think cookies and ice cream will be my option. I will give it a try to key lime pie.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We dined at Giovanni's one night, I couldn't decide between desserts- she ended up bringing out one of each- I have to say I remember the tiramisu (not gelatinous) was really good! I loved the cheese plate option for dessert in MDR- obviously the one at 150 was a million times better.

In MDR the hazelnut soufflé and there was another soufflé I liked. The key lime pie, white chocolate mousse.

Windjammer-we never went so no opinion

Park cafe and promenade had these delicious coconut cookies !!!

American icon on sea day brunch/ lunch had some good things, the final sea day they had a huge cake with huge chunks of white chocolate - the BF was quite happy to just get a plate of the white chocolate [emoji23]