Topless or clothing optional??

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:28 PM.
WA
36 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Are there any beaches that are clothing optional or places to check out if this stuff was of interest to me? I heard there was a bar called the Garden of Eden or something like that, but I was mainly interested in beaches. Thank you.
Houston, TX
4,907 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
To the best of my knowledge there are no clothing optional beaches in Key West. The closest I know of is The Atlantic Shores, a resort/motel on the Atlantic end of Duval which has a clothing optional pool area. It is popular with locals and guests and would be my suggestion. Last time I checked they charge 3 bucks for a chair and I would suggest a tip to the pool boy. They do request "bottoms up" when you leave your chair and go to the bar or grill.

Clay - a key west local
937 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
There is a bar on Duval that advertises clothing optional.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CELEBRATION 11/00
RHAPSODY 11/01
RHAPSODY 04/02
SPLENDOR 11/02
RHAPSODY 04/03
RHAPSODY 09/03
ELATION 05/04
RHAPSODY 09/04
RHAPSODY 11/05
VOYAGER 01/08
TRIUMPH 11/11
Key West, Fl
127 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Garden of Eden atop the Bull & Whistle Bar on Duval Street is clothing optional, day and night. There are even lounge chairs to soak up the sun.

Naked Lunch is the clothing optional restaurant just off Duval. Can't say I've been.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Key West Chronicle - my blog, located at www*keywestchronicle*blogspot*com
(replace * with .)
Orlando, FL
44 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
kal....great webshots! Are you the photographer? If so, what type of camera were you using? Love the bicycles in a row.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
April 2005 Majesty of the Seas
March 2008 Navigator of the Seas
March 2009 Independence of the Seas
July 2009 Monarch of the Seas
August 2010 Monarch of the Seas
March 2012 Liberty of the Seas
May 2013 Oasis of the Seas

Bellevue, WA (near Seattle)
1,935 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Nope not a professional photographer, but have been taking pictures for MANY years. I just look for ideas that capture the moment and speak "a thousand words". Those images were taken with a small Canon digital (S400). IMHO, Canon has the best imaging processing technology of any digital camera.

If you're interested, go HERE for a few more images.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kal
Orlando, FL
44 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Great pics. My husband & I both do photography....he more than I. He is a die hard Canon fan while I still stick by my Nikon. I have to admit, his Canon digital does shoot a better pic than my Nikon did (before I lost it! ). We will have to post some pics when we get back. Looks like you had perfect weather for those pics, hope we have the same.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
April 2005 Majesty of the Seas
March 2008 Navigator of the Seas
March 2009 Independence of the Seas
July 2009 Monarch of the Seas
August 2010 Monarch of the Seas
March 2012 Liberty of the Seas
May 2013 Oasis of the Seas