2018 RTW cruise

LHT28

Five months earlier than usual,

what is 5 mths earlier the cruise or the announcement?

All Oceania's RTW cruises start in Jan

The other cruise lines are 4 mths or less in length

Edited by LHT28

what is 5 mths earlier the cruise or the announcement?

All Oceania's RTW cruises start in Jan

The other cruise lines are 4 mths or less in length

The announcement. For the last couple of years Cunard has not announced their world voyages until August. Cunard's begin in January also and average about four months.

The announcement. For the last couple of years Cunard has not announced their world voyages until August. Cunard's begin in January also and average about four months.

Got it

Oceania is different I guess;)

I am not sure I get what Cunard's time frame has to do with Oceania.

Keith

I do not either :rolleyes:

Yes Oceania is new to RTW cruises but it seems it is a true RTW not just a partial world cruise like the others

from my limited research

LHT28. We're in sync on this.

I feel better now because I didn't understand what the timeframe for publishing the Oceania itinerary had to do with Cunard.

You are right. Oceania has tried to differentiate themselves by offering longer world cruises.

It's great there is more and more choice available.

Keith

Thanks for your post. I am waiting to find out Holland's 2018 RTW itinerary.

I received a Holland survey yesterday about port choices for 2018 RTW.

I'm waiting for that, also. Do you remember any interesting ports that were on your survey?

May meet you on the Amsterdam in 2018!

I'm waiting for that, also. Do you remember any interesting ports that were on your survey?

May meet you on the Amsterdam in 2018!

Go to theinsidecabin.com blog. On day 74 blog write up, there is a link to photos of the survey given to current RTW Holland cruisers on the Amsterdam. This is the same survey, I was given via email.

Africa, Antarctica, and South America are all places mentioned which differ from the RTW itineraries I have seen from Holland since I started looking into this last year. I don't know how much these surveys influence Holland, but it is nice to have a very minor voice. We plan on doing a RTW in 2018, so we are looking forward to seeing what options we will have.

Go to theinsidecabin.com blog. On day 74 blog write up, there is a link to photos of the survey given to current RTW Holland cruisers on the Amsterdam. This is the same survey, I was given via email.

Africa, Antarctica, and South America are all places mentioned which differ from the RTW itineraries I have seen from Holland since I started looking into this last year. I don't know how much these surveys influence Holland, but it is nice to have a very minor voice. We plan on doing a RTW in 2018, so we are looking forward to seeing what options we will have.

Thanks. I hope some of those places make HAL's final 2018 itinerary.

• 3 weeks later...

Pete has posted a copy of the 2018 Holland WC. You can see it on the Holland Forum on post 1259 of "Join Pete and Judy on the FIRST World Cruise on the Amsterdam". Holland is going around the cape of Africa instead of going through the Suez Canal in 2018

That's the thing with world cruises, there is only so much variety that can be offered on those that circumnavigate the globe. You either go through the Suez or around Cape Town. One of the problems you encounter over time is how to entice those who have done several WC's. I am amazed how many do multiple WC's that go to essentially the same ports. I find what some lines have done to be interesting, both Azamara and Crystal WC's don't circumnavigate, they concentrate on one area of the globe. This does provide more variety from year to year.