Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > East Coast Departures > Florida Departures

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Florida Departures
Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami & Port Canaveral & Tampa

Old February 9th, 2014, 04:17 PM
5,000+ Club

Default Kennedy Space Center from Port Canaveral

We will be in Port Canaveral in April and want to do the Kennedy Space Center Tour. What is the best way to get to the Space Center and back? Can you buy tickets at the center or is it safer to buy them ahead of time on line if that is available? Thanks for any help.

See reviews and pictures of our Island Princess Alaska Cruise and Land Tour
Now Posted; Oceania Regatta - Bermuda; HAL Westerdam; Celebrity Reflection; New England/Canada; Celebrity Eclipse Baltic cruise and England land tour; Celebrity Century Hawaii cruise; Celebrity Silhouette Mediterranean Adriatic cruise; Allure of the Seas; Paris to Prague River Cruise; South America; SE Asia; Danube River Cruise; Celebrity Solstice; Alaska; Egypt; NZ/Australia; Fr. Polynesia/Marquesas; Mediterranean; British Isles/Norwegian Fjords; Panama Canal and other cruises at: Mike and Carol's Website LINK

Upcoming Cruises:
Celebrity Eclipse - Oct 2014 - Spain & Canaries
Celebrity Infinity - Nov 2014 - Westbound Panama Canal
Oceania Riviera - Dec 2014 - Mayan Mystique
Oceania Nautica - March 2015 - China/Japan

Old February 9th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPinBoynton View Post
We will be in Port Canaveral in April and want to do the Kennedy Space Center Tour. What is the best way to get to the Space Center and back? Can you buy tickets at the center or is it safer to buy them ahead of time on line if that is available? Thanks for any help.
Did you know if you contact your Congressman's office you can possibly get free tickets to KSC?

Usually it has to be done 6 months out, but its worth a try...

Good luck!!

Carnival Glory - 11/03/03
Carnival Destiny - 11/27/05
Carnival Glory - 2/3/07
Mariner of the Seas - 4/25/08
Disney Wonder - 11/2/08
Carnival Glory - 2/7/09
Emerald Princess - 11/8/09
Freedom of the Seas - 5/9/10
Freedom of the Seas - 11/7/10
Disney Dream - 5/22/11
Carnival Dream - 10/22/11
Carnival Fascination - 1/16/12
Carnival Fascination - 4/28/12
Carnival Dream - 10/20/12
Carnival Fascination - 01/28/13
Carnival Fascination - 04/27/13
Allure of the Seas - 11/3/13
Freedom of the Seas - 4/6/14
Freedom of the Seas - 8/31/14
Carnival Liberty - 11/28/14
Brilliance of the Seas - 1/17/15
Freedom of the Seas - 6/14/15

Old February 9th, 2014, 04:27 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO-Girl View Post
Did you know if you contact your Congressman's office you can possibly get free tickets to KSC?

Good luck!!
Now that is a good idea! Thanks so much. Since I just booked the cruise yesterday and it is only a little over 2 months away it could be a problem. But I will try.

Now Posted; Oceania Regatta - Bermuda; HAL Westerdam; Celebrity Reflection; New England/Canada; Celebrity Eclipse Baltic cruise and England land tour; Celebrity Century Hawaii cruise; Celebrity Silhouette Mediterranean Adriatic cruise; Allure of the Seas; Paris to Prague River Cruise; South America; SE Asia; Danube River Cruise; Celebrity Solstice; Alaska; Egypt; NZ/Australia; Fr. Polynesia/Marquesas; Mediterranean; British Isles/Norwegian Fjords; Panama Canal and other cruises at: Mike and Carol's Website LINK

Upcoming Cruises:

Old February 10th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

DW & I did the tour after our Oasis trip last year. We bought our tickets in the lobby of the hotel we were staying at in Cocoa Beach (Double Tree). It saved us a few buck (I think they didn't charge tax).

You can also buy them at the gate. I did a little mini-review at the end of my Oasis review. Link is in my signature. I think Kennedy starts ~page 7?

Old February 10th, 2014, 12:53 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.M.J.R. View Post
DW & I did the tour after our Oasis trip last year. We bought our tickets in the lobby of the hotel we were staying at in Cocoa Beach (Double Tree). It saved us a few buck (I think they didn't charge tax).

You can also buy them at the gate. I did a little mini-review at the end of my Oasis review. Link is in my signature. I think Kennedy starts ~page 7?
Thanks for the link to the KSC review. The photos were very nice. Since we are just docking at Port Canaveral for the day, I am trying to find out what transportation options there are from the port to get to the KSC.

Upcoming Cruises:

Old February 10th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Thanks for the link to the KSC review. The photos were very nice. Since we are just docking at Port Canaveral for the day, I am trying to find out what transportation options there are from the port to get to the KSC.
Thank you. I bet you could probably find a towncar service or a taxi. Does the cruiseline provide an excursion there?

Just to let you know, DW & I got there about 9:30am and left about 5:30pm. There was a bunch we didn't see. We didn't do any of the "extra" tours, and the shuttle display wasn't open yet (but the "Shuttle Experience" was). Crowds weren't bad either.

Old February 10th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO-Girl View Post

Good luck!!
Awesome! I didn't know that!

Old February 10th, 2014, 01:18 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.M.J.R. View Post
Thank you. I bet you could probably find a towncar service or a taxi. Does the cruiseline provide an excursion there?

Just to let you know, DW & I got there about 9:30am and left about 5:30pm. There was a bunch we didn't see. We didn't do any of the "extra" tours, and the shuttle display wasn't open yet (but the "Shuttle Experience" was). Crowds weren't bad either.
Since we are cruising on Oceania, they have very high priced excursions. For a 6 hour excursions to KSC, the cost is $135 per person. No way that we will pay that. It would be cheaper for us to just drive up there from where we live in South Florida.

Upcoming Cruises:

Last edited by MVPinBoynton; February 10th, 2014 at 01:18 PM.

Old February 10th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Since we are cruising on Oceania, they have very high priced excursions. For a 6 hour excursions to KSC, the cost is $135 per person. No way that we will pay that. It would be cheaper for us to just drive up there from where we live in South Florida.
Great googily moogily. However, the basic admittance ticket (IIRC) was $50pp. I don't know how much a cab/towncar would be, and I think getting a rental car would take too much time.

Good luck!

Old February 10th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

We used Executive vip limo for 5 of us and paid $100 round trip.
We were the first group in and avoided the long lines.
Excellent service.