Topless sunbathing on Freedom of the Seas

The solarium is adults only (in theory), but there is no area where topless sunbathing is expressly permitted. On the other hand, if you were to go to a secluded corner of one of the upper decks, I would be surprised if anyone tried to stop you. If anyone actually noticed, I think they would just stare.

Since when on Carnival did they do away with the topless deck? We were on in October last year and my girlfriend (soon to be fiance on the FOS in two weeks) sunbathed this way... perhaps they don't advertise it but just allow it?

Since when on Carnival did they do away with the topless deck? We were on in October last year and my girlfriend (soon to be fiance on the FOS in two weeks) sunbathed this way... perhaps they don't advertise it but just allow it?

It was axed over a year ago on Carnival, though some ships were slower to respond than others.

What is this big deal w topless sunbathing. Women have breasts - that is nothing new. In fact, men also have breasts although they are generally but not always smaller than women's breasts. If you have ever been to a topless beach, you will find that most of the time, the breasts are not worth looking at.

Come on - grow up.

DON

Wow! I had no idea Carnival did away with it. Why does it seem that our country keep regressing instead of progressing? :rolleyes:

On the Fantasy class ships they are using that area as part of the new kids waterpark area. I believe that is where you enter the slide now.

Wow... what a shame... she really liked to have no strap marks (on either side) Oh well... we'll still push the limit as long as we can I guess... guess it's a good thing we're heading to Club Orient in St. Maarten. :)

On the Fantasy class ships they are using that area as part of the new kids waterpark area. I believe that is where you enter the slide now.

Well, I guess that would be a good reason not to use that as the topless area now. :D :D Can you imagine the line for the slide if they did!

As an American, I have absolutely no problem with topless women (and I don't mean that in a perverted way either). When I was in St. Maarten, everytime a topless women would go by, people would laugh and snap photos. I wish Americans would just get over this, as it is a way of life in some places in Europe and isn't considered weird or even funny at all.

You must wear clothing in the dining rooms of the ship. Try it... it's a blast.

Naked launch: Clothing-free cruises tout freedom

from

http://www.petewilliams.net/NudeCruiseStory.htm

The captain informed us of the few times where clothing was required (when docked in harbor and for a couple of shore excursions

from

http://cafnat.org/windjammer2.html

Topless sunbathing on RCI. In a word, "no". Some of the ships sailing on the European itineraries might allow it but not US based ships.

Though not RCCL, there was topless bathing on Deck 12 on our Celebrity Constellation transatlantic in April 2005 from San Juan, PR to Dover. People seemed to like it.:)

Archived