Arranging a very special 50th wedding anniversary dinner

sweetpea222

Hi all. There will be 11 of us sailing on the Spirit next summer out of Venice, celebrating my MIL and FIL's 50th wedding anniversary. My SIL and I have already decided to arrange a dinner at one of the specialty restaurants for all of us as a surprise for the special couple. Still not sure which one yet, so any comments will be appreciated... :D

Can anyone also tell me if it is possible to do anything else to make it really special? I was hoping we could get the Capt to stop by and congratulate them, but then wondered if that was doable or just a pipe dream. I honestly have no idea. I know if he did they would be just so flattered and pleased.

Any suggestions??

Great thanks...

Hi all. There will be 11 of us sailing on the Spirit next summer out of Venice, celebrating my MIL and FIL's 50th wedding anniversary. My SIL and I have already decided to arrange a dinner at one of the specialty restaurants for all of us as a surprise for the special couple. Still not sure which one yet, so any comments will be appreciated... :D

Can anyone also tell me if it is possible to do anything else to make it really special? I was hoping we could get the Capt to stop by and congratulate them, but then wondered if that was doable or just a pipe dream. I honestly have no idea. I know if he did they would be just so flattered and pleased.

Any suggestions??

Great thanks...

First of all congratulations to everyone putting this together. My suggestions would be to talk to both the Hotel Director and Food and Beverage Director after you board and let them suggest what would be best. You can contact them through the Guest Services Desk in the lobby area mid ship Deck 7. Sometime during the cruise, the Captain poses in the lobby area for pictures with passengers. I have seen both of the Captains on The Spirit stop at a table to wish someone Happy Birthday or Happy Anniversary-yes it is doable. Either the Hotel Director or the Food and Beverage Director would be more than happy to help you.

NCL also has a Group Services Manager - they work under the hotel director and can help you arrange just about anything. BTW congrats - we just passed our 35 yr mark aboard the Pearl this summer - once someone on the staff found out we had a "gift" from the Houskeeping Manager - he arranged for our room to be decorated and a second bottle of bubbly (we already had one with our suite). We also were presented with a small cake and were sang to after dinner. We chose LaCuchina - the Italian place for our dinner - we love Italian food and also general feeling of the place - plus they can easily handle a large crowd - as can Cagneys.

When we sailed last June, we noticed a group of about 16 people celebrating a birthday. There were about 3 people who came in early and added their own decorations to the table in the restaurant. It was extra special that way. If you have the room to bring things along, you could get really creative and arrange to do the same thing. Have fun!!

I would contact NCL thru the same contact method as if you were setting up a meet & greet. (Look at the sticky on the main page.) They may be able to assist you.

Have fun!! We're going to do something similar for my parents 60th next year. As long as they both make it, Lord willing! (At their ages, who knows!)

Any suggestions??

Great thanks...

What date and where are you sailing next year, we might be on the same cruise. I would like to buy your MIL and FIL a celebratory libation if it's ok with you. We celebrated our 40th last Oct. on the Sun and we received a bottle of wine from the staff on board. It was a nice gesture and was appreciated, so a visit from the Capt. should be easy to arrange. Maybe a chat with the CD or the Hotel & Rest. Manager as soon as you board might do the trick. Anyways enjoy the occasion.

cheers...the Ump...:D

Any suggestions??

Great thanks...

In Cagney's on the Spirit, there is a private room in the back which can easily hold 11+ people (large square table). This will add a more classier vibe to the whole affair and I think your family will enjoy this. Be careful as the senior officers are very well known to stop by private tables and see how people are doing. I know for a fact this private room is where most senior officers dine with their families when they are on-board, so don't be too surprised if the Caption joins ya! ;)

Enjoy your cruise, and enjoy my sweet lady, the Spirit. I miss her already!

GREAT ideas, thank you all so much! The cruise is the 12 night Grand Med from Venice to Barcelona, leaving July 10. Ages in our party will run from 12 yrs - 70+ so should be a fun time. :D I will definitely check out all your suggestions.

Congrats to all the others here who have celebrated such huge milestones!

Archived