Whats your favorite specialty dining restaurant on NCL?

Kellyfkrc

Having not seen the Le Bistro's on Getaway or Breakaway I cautiously say that the Sun's Le Bistro is the prettiest in the fleet.

Personally I love Italian food and prefer that type of food. Oh, and the Sun's La Cucina is a very beautiful venue.

Having not seen the Le Bistro's on Getaway or Breakaway I cautiously say that the Sun's Le Bistro is the prettiest in the fleet.

Personally I love Italian food and prefer that type of food. Oh, and the Sun's La Cucina is a very beautiful venue.

Agree and Agree. For me I care as much about the ambience as the food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Le Bistro for me too. The rack of lamb is excellent. For $10 more, you can get a pile, and I mean pile, of lobstah ! Other guests I've dined with said the steak was better than Cagneys. But, above all, the cream of mushroom soup is the best I've ever tried. Many other CC members have agreed in the past....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As a non-fish eater (don't like the sea taste) unfortunately quite a few menu's get holes in them.

But there is a lots of meat everywhere with great wines to combine them with.

I can't say I have a favourite restaurant though. The ambiance/size of the MDRs can be really nice too, especially when they have a live event.

We have found that the specialty restaurants are typically quiet (volume and people) which is really nice and also a reason for going there. Though we do like folks around, an empty restaurant is a bad one, just like when one goes to one off a ship.

Teppanyaki tends to be booked full (except when you have a concierge at your disposal :p )

Eating out of one's room is also nice btw :)

Yay! Just made reservations for Le Bistro! Any one remember their favorite dish?

I love the mushroom soup too.

Last year on the Sun my mom had the duck, based on a recommendation from a crew member. It was delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning for my first NCL on Star this December. (Haven't booked yet). I want to know more about Le Bistro, La Cucina, Moderno and Cagney's. Is Cagney's about the same as Long Horn or Black Angus and La Cucina is similar to Macaroni Grill or Olive Garden?

I've never ate at Brazilian Steak house, so like to eat at Moderno. :)

Thanks.

We will be on the Star for 14 days in 2 weeks with the UDP. Currently have reservations on 13 of the nights in specialty restaurants. At least 2 nights in each. Once we return we will post our opinions/reviews. We are also looking forward to Maderno since we have never had the opportunity to dine at a Brazilian restaurant but have heard the one not too far from us is great.

For me it would be Moderno or LeBistro, DH would say Cagneys since he's all about steak!

My favorite dinner in LeBistro can't remember the name of it but its shrimp, and scallops with cream sauce in a puff pastry....mmmm mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Le Bistro, hands down. I have 2 orders of escargot, the lamb and crème Brule. DH had 2 orders of escargot and the tenderloin. DS had the mussels, the tenderloin, and the chocolate fondue. And the tenderloin is indeed better than any steak in Cagney's!

Edited by GORDONCHICK