hotel near port?

mymel

• 1 month later...

We stayed at the Hampton. We could hve walked to the pier (we did the evening before to just walk around), but they took us in their shuttle and it was free. Very nice hotel, nice staff and free breakfast in the morning.

And it needs to be near the Port cause im leaving my car home. My sister is dropping me off a day early and ill have to get transportation to the port.

Taxis are a flat rate to the port. The same rate whether you are across the street or in the French Quarter or elsewhere in the downtown area.

If your hotel has a shuttle, bonus! Often I will take a taxi instead of waiting for a shuttle, however.

I think Hampton is the closest to the port, but not a whole lot in the immediate area. Holiday Inn Superdome is not the closest, but also has a shuttle. Dauphine Orleans is a nice hotel in the French Quarter.

Our personal favorite is Iberville Suites in the French Quarter.

We are staying at the Drury...I know others have said you can walk it, but it is hard with luggage, but the lady I spoke to at the hotel said the taxi costs 7.00 pp flat rate so I guess that is what we will do.....

Were staying at the drury lodge too.. I think that was the best value for our money since they have food for free in the evening and a free breakfast buffet in the morning.. we go a good deal with parking being 35 for duration of cruise.. So I felt that was the best deal in New Orleans...

• 2 months later...

We are also staying at the Drury Inn for our next cruise. We did a lot of research before booking. It looked to be the best for our moey including our parking for the week we were gone. Pics look good to, reviews were all in high regards.

Archived