Costa neoClassica drops Istanbul

swan705ca

Costa has just changes their fall schedule and cancelled all port calls to Istanbul. I have a confirmed reservation on the November 23 cruise on the neoClassica and it is now starting from Athens with no calls in Istanbul or Izmir.

Edited by swan705ca

Is it for just the NeoClassica or for all Costa ships?

Costa informed me that it was because of concerns in Turkey that they decided to make the change. They have changed a number of schedules so far and more to follow.

I think they dropped Istanbul only on Neoclassica for now, because the cruise had to start from Istanbul so it was necessary to pick a flight to Istanbul, even if I think Costa it's the only one who has canceled Istanbul so far, also Celebrity has cruises departing from Istanbul and no changes for the moment

Hi Swan could u kindly post what Costa wrote to you announcing the schedule change? Here in Italy they are kind of hiding the whole thing and we only have news from a spanish cruise site and from this topic on cruise critic.

Ty

Cinzia

We finally had an answer from COSTA and ALL turkish port of calls have been canceled on all costa ships

Strange how Costa put this information out piecemeal. We have heard nothing and are due to call at Izmir and Marmaris very early in December this year.

Yes it was a kind of strange the way they acted, because in italy we had this info thanks to a spanish cruise blog, neoclassica in the 17 august cruise was mostly sold on the iberic market, than after some italian blogger started inquiring on this thing, Costa realesed this official statement

Edited by Licisca

Yes it was a kind of strange the way they acted, because in italy we had this info thanks to a spanish cruise blog, neoclassica in the 17 august cruise was mostly sold on the iberic market, than after some italian blogger started inquiring on this thing, Costa realesed this official statement

What was the official statement. I have searched and ther has been no official word from Costa about the Turkish ports.

Costa has just changes their fall schedule and cancelled all port calls to Istanbul. I have a confirmed reservation on the November 23 cruise on the neoClassica and it is now starting from Athens with no calls in Istanbul or Izmir.

I was looking at this cruise and it doesn't bother me the itinerary changed. I have been on Costa before and was not all that thrilled but was wondering your thoughts on this ship. All I remember was that you were pretty much limited to the main dining room to eat. the price is great though which is why I am considering it again.

What have you heard?

I was looking at this cruise and it doesn't bother me the itinerary changed. I have been on Costa before and was not all that thrilled but was wondering your thoughts on this ship. All I remember was that you were pretty much limited to the main dining room to eat. the price is great though which is why I am considering it again.

What have you heard?

Hi Henr4773,

I am glad to see that there may be at least I other North American on board, I am travelling solo so it will be great to have some company. Please consider booking as it will a fantastic cruise, I have sailed with Costa (eight cruises) in the Caribbean and the Mediterranean and I enjoyed them.

"A cruise is what YOU make it".

I love the new ports and although it created a problem for me, the new schedule will make this an interesting cruise. I was in Istanbul on the MCS in May and I wanted more time to visit so I booked this cruise to spend more time in Istanbul.

My plan was to fly into Istanbul on Saturday from Toronto and stay in a hotel for two nights before boarding the ship for the other 2 nights, I have a hotel booked in old Istanbul at a great 4* rate of €85 for the 2 nights

So I am keeping to my plan to visit Istanbul and intend to fly from Istanbul at 3.40 on Monday afternoon to Athens to board the ship so I still have most of the day in Istanbul. I will still have the next day to visit Athens until 8.00pm ( I was also in Athens in May).

It is only €39 for the flight to Athens and for €8 I can get the airport bus direct to the port.

If you want any more information, please ask.

Brian

PS The price IS great

Edited by swan705ca

Are you getting off in Savona? Looking to probably fly over to London from Genoa the day we disembark if we decide to do this cruise. Will be traveling with my girlfriend. Very hard to pass this price up but still need to get flights priced out.

Craig

Are you getting off in Savona? Looking to probably fly over to London from Genoa the day we disembark if we decide to do this cruise. Will be traveling with my girlfriend. Very hard to pass this price up but still need to get flights priced out.

Craig

I am staying over in Milan as the train schedule from Savona to Milan would not get to Malpensa airport in time to get my British Airways flight to London and then connect to Toronto. The flight from Genoa landed in Gatwick then you had to make your own way to Heathrow to get the flight to Toronto. The other concern was the ship not getting into Savona until 8.00am so it would be a concern getting the train. I have landed in Savona before and it can be very hectic getting of the ship, even the Costa shuttle does leave until after 10.00am. I also have a 3* star hotel at the Milan Central station at €50 for the night so I can have a less hectic pace and enjoy a good Italian dinner,.

If you want to email me at bcs705 at gmail.com (change the word at to the symbol) with your telephone number or email I can give you more information, all my calls to the USA from Canada are free.

Brian

Edited by swan705ca