Coco Cay instead of Labadee . . .

I'm travelling on the Sovereign at the end of the month, which has a stop in Coco Cay. I read on RCCL's site last nite, that the Voyager, because of the unrest in Haiti won't be stopping in Labadee, but will be stopping instead in CocoCay (on the same as I'm in CocoCay). As I remember CocoCay, it doesn't seem to me that both ships' passengers at CocoCay will make for comfort (i.e., lines at bar-b-que, beach chairs, etc.). Any one have any thoughts on this??

Thanks.

Michele

"til Majesty with Hubby...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2003;12;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til Majesty with 87 yr.-old Mom - just us 'girls'

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;1;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til Sovereign w/friend since jr. high-40 yrs. ago!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til Radiance with hubby!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;11;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

• 2 months later...

Voyager will be back at Labadee

May 20, 2004 - Royal Caribbean International Labadee Update

ROYAL CARIBBEAN RESUMES SERVICE TO LABADEE

Based on assurances from an independent security firm that returning to Labadee is safe for our guests, Royal Caribbean has decided to resume service to this private beachfront on Haiti’s northern coast. As many of you know, we suspended service to Labadee three months ago, following recommendations at that time to do so. With today’s assurances, however, three Royal Caribbean ships will resume weekly calls to Labadee next week. All three are Voyager-class ships. Voyager of the Seas restarts visits May 24, Mariner of the Seas, May 25, and Navigator of the Seas, May 27.

A comprehensive security plan has been in place at Labadee for some time and this same level of vigilance will continue when operations resume there, including 24-hour patrols on-site and supplemental support from local police and an international security team based in Cap Haitien.

Please know we would not have made today’s decision if we felt our guests or crew were at any risk. Their safety is our highest priority always.

Archived