Drink prices and specials on Celebrity Silhouette?

casschwag11

Hello,

I have never cruised before and am trying to decide whether or not it is worth it to buy a beverage package. My husband and I are in our late twenties and do enjoy to have a few drinks while on vacation. However, I have heard that certain bars offer 2 for 1 specials and that the MDR has free champagne at dinner. Do you know which bars on the Silhouette have these specials? If not, do you know around how expensive drinks are?

• 2 weeks later...

There is NO free champagne at dinner. You get a glass when you board. They have a variety of fruit juices, iced tea (non sweetened) and lemonade that are free and are also served in the MDR and other eateries. Regular coffee is free all day at various places and specialty coffees (lattes, etc.) are extra.

I have cruised on the Eclipse recently and also on the Equinox and didn't notice any 2 for 1 offers. We chose to have the drinks package - it is expensive but you could drink as much as you wanted to. I was a bit concerned about how it would work in the MDR as we enjoy wine with dinner but I have to say we were very impressed - our wine glasses were constantly topped up when needed. If you both want to drink - you will both need to sign up to the package. We didn't have to book the package in advance and could do so at any of the bars onboard. We decided to leave it for the 1st 2 days just to see how much $$$ we drank and then opted for the drinks package as it seemed better value for money and definetely more convenient. Have a lovely cruise.:)

I've been on more than 25 Celebrity cruises and have never had free alcohol drinks at any dinner. You get a glass of champagne when you arrive on board, and a free drink at the captain's welcome aboard party, but that's it.

I've not seen much about 2 for 1 drink specials either. You might have a happy hour special, and there is a drink of the day special, but I've not seen 2'fers.

Drinks vary by what you want to drink. Mixed drinks are around $7 and up, wine is $7 a glass and up, foo-foo drinks are $7 and up, beer is around $6 and higher, martinis start at around $9 and go up to $15.

We always get the Premium Package and it works great for us. We like wine with dinner and martinis before and after dinner, drink lots of bottled water, I like specialty coffees, we drink a lot of diet soda and like smoothies, so the package paid for itself with what we drink.

Archived