I am back!

Hope you had a good time Dave.

You will love the Maj.

I am back from P&O, my last 8 cruises were with them. I have been on Maj but sadly it was the cruise with the lifeboat accident.

Question. do they still do drinks offers on board, 36 pints for the price of 24 etc etc. As i booked this morning it is far too late for a cheap AI

It occured to me yesterday that there was a 10 week gap between my July and September cruises. So i popped into the TA this morning ;)

I am back, I have returned, be very very scared :eek::eek::D

Madge in August and maybe something in November

Welcome back Dave.........I knew you couldn't stay away forever!:D

Edited by happy v

It is just a 7 nighter to the Aegean, there were no 14 nighters left with single cabins.

BTW a check cruise prices box has just started to appear on the right of the cruise forums pages. i can't get rid of it and have no intention of clicking the button on it as it might be malware. i have contected the forum help. Anyone else seen this box?

It is just a 7 nighter to the Aegean, there were no 14 nighters left with single cabins.

BTW a check cruise prices box has just started to appear on the right of the cruise forums pages. i can't get rid of it and have no intention of clicking the button on it as it might be malware. i have contected the forum help. Anyone else seen this box?

I have it too, and have left it alone. The column on the left hand side has been wider than usual with comments about my posts entered once or twice today too.

I have it too, and have left it alone. The column on the left hand side has been wider than usual with comments about my posts entered once or twice today too.

Sorry to read that but at least we can be comforted in knowing it is probably a problem with the forum rather than our computers.

Maybe someone has hacked the site :eek:

It's not hacking or malware, just CC trying to make some money. my pop up blocker doesn't stop it though. :mad::mad:

Dave, I think it's around £100 for 35 pints, not really sure as we didn't take up any of the packages.

The adds are CC generating revenue so we will have to get used to them.

i use windows explorer with a left docked favourites centre. CTRL+ zooms the screen to 125% and the adds dissappear of the right screen edge :)

I am back, I have returned, be very very scared :eek::eek::D

Madge in August and maybe something in November

Hi Dave. Good to hear from you again. Looking at your list of future cruises, you may be "back" but not for long!! You definitely have a life on the ocean wave. Very envious indeed. :)

Hi Dave. Good to hear from you again. Looking at your list of future cruises, you may be "back" but not for long!! You definitely have a life on the ocean wave. Very envious indeed. :)

Well, as my mother used to say, "there are no pockets in a shroud". I want to do 50 cruises so have some way to go, even than I will be nowhere near the 76 cruises that a lady on my last cruise had done.

About being back, there is a gap in my cruise list for early November, maybe that Celebration 10 nighter ;)

I checked Maj out on the live ships site and the photos show that the San Marco is now entirely enclosed? What is that white box structure on the deck below, is it a new staircase? I suppose they still have those amazingly tall bar stools in the Polo club, I need climbing gear to get onto one :D

I've got it as well, it's very annoying.:(

Well, as my mother used to say, "there are no pockets in a shroud". I want to do 50 cruises so have some way to go, even than I will be nowhere near the 76 cruises that a lady on my last cruise had done.

About being back, there is a gap in my cruise list for early November, maybe that Celebration 10 nighter ;)

I checked Maj out on the live ships site and the photos show that the San Marco is now entirely enclosed? What is that white box structure on the deck below, is it a new staircase? I suppose they still have those amazingly tall bar stools in the Polo club, I need climbing gear to get onto one :D

It is a new staircase Dave, it goes down then to the left bringing you out on deck 9 where there is that small outside area with room for 2 sunbeds. Still got the tall stools.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

I am back from P&O, my last 8 cruises were with them.

What has made you leave P&O? I know why you came back to Thomson, that's a no brainer, but what were your reasons?

On our last cruise, we felt we were "all P&O'd out" and would have happily come back to Thomson had there been more ships with balcony cabins. Instead, we thought we'd try an entirely different cruiseline so booked with Royal Caribbean for our Baltic cruise next month. We're not entirely sure we're going to like it but if we don't try, we won't know.

Just interested to know your thoughts on P&O. :)

What has made you leave P&O? I know why you came back to Thomson, that's a no brainer, but what were your reasons?

On our last cruise, we felt we were "all P&O'd out" and would have happily come back to Thomson had there been more ships with balcony cabins. Instead, we thought we'd try an entirely different cruiseline so booked with Royal Caribbean for our Baltic cruise next month. We're not entirely sure we're going to like it but if we don't try, we won't know.

Just interested to know your thoughts on P&O. :)

Why have I come back? I started cruising with P&O because i was becoming irritated with the single cabin locations on Thomson ships. Having tried P&O where i can have almost any cabin i want I discovered that they are not as snooty and traditional as i thought and now I cruise with them and don't bother with formal nights.

Anyway, why back to Thomson? I am getting bored at home and there was a 10 week gap between my summer and autumn cruise. Looking for something to fill that gap i chanced on Majesty in august. Majesty's inside single cabins are just fine so i booked a week. Then i noticed another 10 week gap between my autumn and xmas cruise. So I booked a short 5 nighter on Dream in November with free drinks package. Dreams single cabins might be a bit suspect but a short cruise is the best way to try them. Last time I cruised on Dream it was in a suite!.

so basically the cruises i booked are fillers and i probably will not cruise with Thomson again until after next summer.

I will continue to cruise with P&O because my regular cruiser benefits are getting better and I also get a shareholder benefit for each cruise. £150 on board credit for a 14 nighter is worth having. Add to this 8.5% discount for onboard spend etc etc.

Why have I come back? I started cruising with P&O because i was becoming irritated with the single cabin locations on Thomson ships. Having tried P&O where i can have almost any cabin i want I discovered that they are not as snooty and traditional as i thought and now I cruise with them and don't bother with formal nights.

Anyway, why back to Thomson? I am getting bored at home and there was a 10 week gap between my summer and autumn cruise. Looking for something to fill that gap i chanced on Majesty in august. Majesty's inside single cabins are just fine so i booked a week. Then i noticed another 10 week gap between my autumn and xmas cruise. So I booked a short 5 nighter on Dream in November with free drinks package. Dreams single cabins might be a bit suspect but a short cruise is the best way to try them. Last time I cruised on Dream it was in a suite!.

so basically the cruises i booked are fillers and i probably will not cruise with Thomson again until after next summer.

I will continue to cruise with P&O because my regular cruiser benefits are getting better and I also get a shareholder benefit for each cruise. £150 on board credit for a 14 nighter is worth having. Add to this 8.5% discount for onboard spend etc etc.

Mmm, that's interesting and I can see your point. We would be back with Thomson in the blink of an eye if only they had more balcony cabins. We think that Thomson cruisers are, in general, much friendlier and more laid back. P&O cruisers, again in general, aren't exactly snooty (got nothing to be snooty about IMO) but not quite as friendly either and we'd never touch the P&O adult only ships with a bargepole again as they tend to be a much older age group and whilst we're not exactly youngsters ourselves any more, we do love and enjoy mixing with younger people as well as our own age group.

Bring back Ocean Village! :D:D