POA to airport

mainecooncat

Sorry, I know I have seen this before but can't seem to find the post. Our first trip to Hawaii!

The morning we leave the ship, if we take our own luggage off and take a taxi would we be able to make a 10:30 flight to Maui?

Also, this seems like a silly question, but I'll ask anyway:) Since we are flying to Maui do we use the domestic terminal or is there a terminal for island to island flights?

Thanks everyone!

Sorry, I know I have seen this before but can't seem to find the post. Our first trip to Hawaii!

The morning we leave the ship, if we take our own luggage off and take a taxi would we be able to make a 10:30 flight to Maui?

Also, this seems like a silly question, but I'll ask anyway:) Since we are flying to Maui do we use the domestic terminal or is there a terminal for island to island flights?

Thanks everyone![/quote

Aloha mainecooncat - When last we checked, and thinking you may be using Island Air, they are located in the Commuter Terminal at HNL. As you may know, commuter terminals are usually more casual, faster and easier to get through than the rest of the airport, so you might well make your flight. Even if you choose not to try for the 10:30 time, they do have other flights. Just Google Island Air for more information.

Thanks everyone!

The Easy Walk Off disembarkation for those carrying their own luggage starts at 7:00 am on the POA. If you are ready to go, I can't imagine that you could not make it to the airport in time for a 10:30 inter island, but it has been years since we have taken one. Taxis will be lined up at the curb.

I would check with the airline or your flight documents to see what they say about how long before your flight you should arrive. I would also ask about what would happen if you somehow missed your 10:30. How difficult would it be to get on the next flight. I think some inter island flights run almost hourly. Make your plans accordingly. I remember us changing plans and showing up early once and it took 5 minutes to get us switched to an earlier flight.

I would go by what the airline says. But I wouldn't stress yourself out to make an early flight. It is only a 30 minute flight, and you are on are on vacation. Have a nice breakfast and take your time.

I would say that it is no problem. Just do the walk off with your luggage and jump in a cab. We have done this many times (we fly Hawaiian air to Hilo) and have never even cut it close. It is a weekend, so as a rule, traffic will be minimal.

I would be 1st in line to leave the ship if you can get a MORNING flight out...most flights eastbound seem to leave in the evening....totally crappy!

Another bad piece of info. The OP is flying to Maui.

And I just flew home from Hawaii yesterday. Our flight was at 1:32pm.

Edited by CruiserBruce

If you are Hawaiian Airlines you use the Inter-island Terminal, if you are on Island Air you use the Commuter Terminal.

http://hawaii.gov/hnl/terminal-information

And while it is still labeled the Interisland Terminal, you check in there for all Hawaiian Airlines flights (interisland, mainland and international), just in case anyone else is looking at this thread and wondering.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone!

I just got off yesterday and if you do "Easy walk off" you'll be dockside before 8am and be at the airport easily by 9am. ($32 cab)

They want everyone off the POA by 9:30ish.