cash for seapass account

doak

Has anyone used cash for their seapass account?

How do you know how much. We'll be on a 5 nighter? We aren't "huge" drinkers, the gambling money has already been budgeted - so that won't need to be taken into account either (I have a change jar that I've been saving, saving, saving .......... whatever that amounts to, that will be our gambling money. Period.)

Have already ordered and paid for excursions, well..........one of em. One is in Jamaica w/a private tour operator, we'll pay when we arrive, cash.

Any idea how much cash, and do they allow you to do that?

A friend of mine put down a $250.00 deposit for her and her husband. They each had sea passes. I don't think that they were keeping up with there spending. One time they pulled it out to pay for drinks, and was told that the cards would not go through until they made another cash deposit. So yes, you can use cash and just like a credit card, if you go over your balance, it will be denied.

We used cash on our recent trip on the Rhapsody. We were given a notice at check in that our cash account would stop at 500 dollars and that we would have to make a payment before it would be activated again. We went ahead and put the money we had budgeted on the account the first day and never had a problem. ;)

Yes, You can secure on a credit card and then pay cash at the end or along the way. It made it a whole lot easier this way because if you pay straight cash from the beginning , ou have to settle up the night before departure and you can't spend anymore on your seapass after that.

Can you secure the account with a credit card up front and then pay some, or all with cash towards the end of the cruise?

Yes, if you put your "deposit" down with a CC, anytime you add cash to the account, they'll credit your account. Your CC is only charged at the end of the cruise (actually the last night) and you'll have a statement after they've closed your Seapass under your door. So, we sailed 2/6-2/13 and there is a charge from the Jewel OTS on 2/12. If I had tried to charge anything that night after they closed the account they would have opened a new "tab".

If you monitor your card via the television in your room, you can periodically go to the Guest Relations desk, pay and they'll credit your account. At the end of the week, they'll bill the balance to your CC. Just remember to pay up by dinnertime on the last night and it will be reflected on your statement that gets dropped off to you. If you want a specific time, ask Guest Relations when you have to pay to ensure that it gets credited before the CC charge.

Archived