P&O deposit

Painter

Make sure all the passengers details are correct at the time of booking - I think you have about 48 hours to get back to your agent (or P&O if you are booking directly).

Once our names were switched around but we didn't realise this - we thought it was the way the agent had prepared the receipt. Anyway several weeks later we copped a $100 change of name fee and there was nothing we could do about it if we wanted to get on that ship.

Make sure all the passengers details are correct at the time of booking - I think you have about 48 hours to get back to your agent (or P&O if you are booking directly).

Once our names were switched around but we didn't realise this - we thought it was the way the agent had prepared the receipt. Anyway several weeks later we copped a $100 change of name fee and there was nothing we could do about it if we wanted to get on that ship.

This makes me sad when I hear reports like this.

I think any cruise company should not charge extra when their reps make mistakes.

This makes me sad when I hear reports like this.

I think any cruise company should not charge extra when their reps make mistakes.

I think it was the travel agent's error, not a representative of the cruise line.

I think the TA should have absorbed any additional charge and not passed it on.

In the past my TA only charged me $25 when we had to change the person going on a cruise with me. $100 seems a bit steep!

$100 was P&O's charge in mid 2007 - I rang a checked with them and they said that I had to pay it.

The TA was clearly at fault for the way she wrote out our names and refused to wear the blame at all.

In the end due to a raft of other reasons I took the TA to Fair Trading and not only did they have to repay me $100 for their mistake but also other expenses too. I'm sure the woman was a complete nut job.

And too bad for them, I would have used them for an extended O/S trip the following year had everything gone smoothly so they missed out on $40K worth of bookings.

Archived