Canada/New England - What is the temperature inside the ship?

I posted this on the Cruise Fashion board but haven't got any responses yet so I thought I would try here.

We are leaving October 22nd on an 11 night cruise from Quebec City to Cape Liberty NJ with stops throughout Atlantic Canada and Maine.

I am fine with the clothes for in port during the day but I am not sure what to do for the evenings. For reference, at home (just outside Toronto so similar weather wise to the cruise ports) I would be wearing long sleeves and long pants inside at home. My heat would probably be coming on occasionally with it set to 72 degrees.

Does anyone know what the temperatures usually are on the ship inside (we are on Royal Caribbean)? I've seen people mentioning wearing spaghetti strap tops for formal night - I would freeze at home wearing that at the end of October! Do they keep the ships warmer so you can get away with that kind of thing?

I have a long sleeve, long pants outfit which looks like velvet (but isn't and is a little lighter weight) that I was thinking of wearing. Would I be too hot in this?

What about short sleeved lighter weight sweaters with pants?

We are on the same cruise. When I take Canada/NE cruises I dress during the day the way I would at home for that time of year. As for sleeveless dresses at night, I would definitely take a wrap or sweater. They don't keep the ship cold, but they don't keep it toasty either.

We've been on cool weather cruises and the ships are the same indoors as on Carib cruises. Actuallly a little warmer. Lots of women wear sleeveless on fall cruise and just like on the warm weather trips, they carry a wrap of some sort.

Now if you enjoy going on deck or on your balcony, then you need to have something warmer. But yep, spaghetti straps will be seen. Wear whatever you would to an indoor function.

I have a long sleeve, long pants outfit which looks like velvet (but isn't and is a little lighter weight) that I was thinking of wearing. Would I be too hot in this?

Tough to say what would be the right outfit for you. I get pretty warm, and find the ships comfortable with short sleeves or sleeveless with a wrap if I stay indoors. DH wears a sweater more often than me.

Thanks for the replies. I'm still not sure what clothes to take though ;).

On warm weather cruises, I wear short dresses with short to no sleeves. I am sometimes cool but I find A/C does that to me a lot!

On our Alaskan cruise, I took short sleeved light sweaters and was fine but we had gorgeous weather on that trip (at least for Alaska - high 60's, low 70's!).

This trip the temps during the day are going to probably be 40's to 50's and I'm sure cooler at night. So unless they heat the ship to like 75 degrees.....

People are saying they heat the ship to the same temperature as they cool it to on warm weather cruises. Therefore, what would be your best guess to the temperature they air condition the ship to on Caribbean cruises?

I posted this on the Cruise Fashion board but haven't got any responses yet so I thought I would try here.

We are leaving October 22nd on an 11 night cruise from Quebec City to Cape Liberty NJ with stops throughout Atlantic Canada and Maine.

I am fine with the clothes for in port during the day but I am not sure what to do for the evenings. For reference, at home (just outside Toronto so similar weather wise to the cruise ports) I would be wearing long sleeves and long pants inside at home. My heat would probably be coming on occasionally with it set to 72 degrees.

Does anyone know what the temperatures usually are on the ship inside (we are on Royal Caribbean)? I've seen people mentioning wearing spaghetti strap tops for formal night - I would freeze at home wearing that at the end of October! Do they keep the ships warmer so you can get away with that kind of thing?

About the same temp as the Royal York dining room. Figure on 21-22*.

If you are going to be chilly all day outdoors, makes sense you probably won't be interested in sleeveless in the evenings. Even with a wrap.

Just dress like you would going to a restaurant on that date at home. (minus the car ride over ;)) The ship will indeed be kept at a comfortable temp. for the crowd of cruisers onboard. We can't really be more specific. It's an individual's choice and needs.

Archived