Sun - Cabins above Theater

bryanjaync

We were in 8277. Never really heard any noise from the theater. Maybe once we picked up a little bass vibration. Great location, loved the aft and very conveniently located.

The only downside to the cabin was when coming into port the aft thrusters would kick in and there was a lot of vibration in the cabin. But we loved the cabin and location and would book it again.

Yes, there will be noise in those cabins. Very loud when the theater is in use.....evenings. But it is manageable if you will be going out to shows and dinner.

This was several years ago when I had 2 young children. We had the corner aft suite right above the theater. I had young kids and tired young kids. it was really loud around 8pm, 9pm, 10pm ....really, really, really loud. My kids were crying one night, I called down to the desk and they sent someone up. Again, really loud, like the cabin was shaking and vibrating. Our cabin was right over where they mount the speakers for the stage. So my kids are crying, the room is shaking and I did get the sympathy of the staff I have to say. Unfortunately, there was nothing they can do.

But I think I made my point. Here I had one of the most expensive cabins on the ship. This situation isn't like a one off thing. this happens every night, on every sailing on this ship. This noise level is a nightly thing! It's not like they could send up a fruit basket and be all good. Every sailing, every customer in this high end cabin is dealing with a cabin that shakes every single night! The only way they could fix the problem would be to put in some heavy insulation in the floor or move the big speakers in the theater. It would be a major job.

But, here's the thing, my kids are older now. They aren't exhausted at 8pm and needing to sleep. We aren't in the cabin at 8pm or 9pm or even 10pm. If I had that cabin now, we might not even notice the problem! It really only is a problem, a huge problem for someone trying to sleep during those hours. I loved the cabin, I loved the aft, huge wrap around balcony. I loved the bathroom in that suite though.