Guarantee Cabin?

coldbird

Quick and easy question.... We have booked a Guarantee cabin and were wondering when will one be assigned to us? Pretty close to departure and just wondering?

David

Edited by coldbird

My travel agent called Azamara while I was booking with her and got us our cabin right then and there. If you've booked directly with Azamara I suppose you could call them and ask which cabins are available and choose one yourself. No need to wait to be assigned.

My travel agent called Azamara while I was booking with her and got us our cabin right then and there. If you've booked directly with Azamara I suppose you could call them and ask which cabins are available and choose one yourself. No need to wait to be assigned.

We could do that but the ship is sailing about half empty right now so we are hoping for an upgrade!

Quick and easy question.... We have booked a Guarantee cabin and were wondering when will one be assigned to us? Pretty close to departure and just wondering?

David

Coldbird, I think we are on the same cruise as you. We have also booked a guarantee cabin, and haven't had one assigned either. We normally have a balcony, but couldn't resist the price of the guarantee ov, so am feeling a bit nervous that we might either end up with a porthole or behind a lifeboat!

There are 4 of us on the 12th June Quest sailing with guaranteed cabins and we have not been assigned any yet. When I asked our UK travel agent she said it can be as late as when you board the ship before you know your cabin number. Hoping we will know before then !

Coldbird, I think we are on the same cruise as you. We have also booked a guarantee cabin, and haven't had one assigned either. We normally have a balcony, but couldn't resist the price of the guarantee ov, so am feeling a bit nervous that we might either end up with a porthole or behind a lifeboat!

We looked at this cruise just after they canceled the ports in the Ukraine and couldn't resist the Inside price! Figured we will be on shore every day except one....

and if we are lucky they will give us a room with a view:D

David

We looked at this cruise just after they canceled the ports in the Ukraine and couldn't resist the Inside price! Figured we will be on shore every day except one....

and if we are lucky they will give us a room with a view:D

David

I'll cross my fingers for your good luck if you do the same for us! We booked a guarantee inside for our daughter on the Journey next month and it would be wonderful if she got a visit from the upgrade fairy. ;)

We booked a guaranteed inside for the price as well but this is the 1st time we have done this so looking forward to seeing what we will be assigned.:)

our inside became a deluxe verandah so the fairy exists! :)

i'm quite happy with my first azamara cruise so far!

June 12th on the Quest:) with hermioneb and tetorina!

just checked the stateroom availability on a cruise website. man the oceanviews are mostly unbooked. lots of verandas and suites available as well. if i were a betting man i would expect ACC to just give up on the cat 8 and cat 7 rooms. good luck with the upgrade but one thing you will enjoy regardless is peace and quiet in the MDR and easy access to the specialty restaurants. should be pretty easy to get good seats for evening entertainment.

just checked the stateroom availability on a cruise website. man the oceanviews are mostly unbooked. lots of verandas and suites available as well. if i were a betting man i would expect ACC to just give up on the cat 8 and cat 7 rooms. good luck with the upgrade but one thing you will enjoy regardless is peace and quiet in the MDR and easy access to the specialty restaurants. should be pretty easy to get good seats for evening entertainment.

I have assumed that the cabins that are showing as unbooked will be taken up by those who have booked guarantees and haven't had their cabin assigned yet. I suppose it just depends how many are in that situation in each category. Do ACC let one know by email when they assign one with a cabin number, or how does one find out?

• 2 months later...
I have assumed that the cabins that are showing as unbooked will be taken up by those who have booked guarantees and haven't had their cabin assigned yet. I suppose it just depends how many are in that situation in each category. Do ACC let one know by email when they assign one with a cabin number, or how does one find out?

Did you find out the answer to your question? I was wondering the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you share which site with me?

Did you find out the answer to your question? I was wondering the same.

Guarantees can be assigned up to the week of sailing; upgrades are usually completed by the week of sailing as well.

We contact our guests, whenever possible, either via phone, fax, or email to advise of the upgrade.

Guarantees can be assigned up to the week of sailing; upgrades are usually completed by the week of sailing as well.

We contact our guests, whenever possible, either via phone, fax, or email to advise of the upgrade.

Just out of interest, are passengers who selected a specific cabin when booking ever offered an upgrade?

Just out of interest, are passengers who selected a specific cabin when booking ever offered an upgrade?

I have seen both when a specific cabin has been selected. Friends were upgraded without prior knowledge or consent and we were contacted by our travel agent and asked about the upgrade.