Cave Tubing where does your shoes go!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:45 PM.
42 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
My husband and I are thinking of cave tubing in Belize. I have a stupid question?? On many websites they say to wear hiking shoes to walk down to the cave with. What do you do with your shoes afterwards for they do not get wet?
Washington State Ellensburger
14,302 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
I'm thinking our family will probably get some cheap strap on sandles (as mentioned by JumpingJackFlash) and if they're not really comfortable for walking maybe we'll wear some white sweat socks as well during the hike.

Now what are my chances of getting 2 teenagers to commit this dressing sin?

It's Ok for the wife & I, we hate blisters.

LOL
-Monte
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
When there's a leak in the bottom of a cruise ship, it's one hull of a problem
Glastonbury, CT USA
366 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Myself, My Wife & 7 YO son all wore water shoes, and we were fine no blisters, no problems!
Harvey
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rather be Crusin...
Caribbean Princess - Carnival Carnivale - Celebrity Century - Coral Princess - Costa Classica - RCL Crown Odyssey - Crown Princess -Dawn Princess - Diamond Princess - Disney Magic - Carnivale Festivale - Emerald Princess - RCL Golden Odyssey - Golden Princess - Grand Princess - Independence of The Seas (on 1/16/16) - Island Princess (Old) - Carnival Jubilee - Carnivale Mardi Gras - RCI Nordic Empress - RCI Nordic Prince - Pacific Princess (II) - Regal Princess (II) (on 1/3/16) HAL Rotterdam (Old) - RCL Royal Odyssey - RCL Royal Odyssey II - Royal Princess (III) - Royal Princess (II) - Royal Princess (I) - Ruby Princess - HAL Ryndam - Scotia Prince - NCL Seaward - Sky Princess - RCI Song of America - RCI Song of Norway - NCL Southward - Star Princess (Old) - HAL Statendam (Old) - Carnival Tropicale - HAL Veendam (Old) - HAL Volendam (Old) - HAL Zuiderdam
Washington State Ellensburger
14,302 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Thanks Harvey, I was wondering how water shoes would do. I'm not familiar with the path surface.

-Monte
Hoffman Estates, IL USA
60 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
I'm so glad you guys had this post. I asked a question about water shoes on another thread but didn't get a response!! Yippee!!!! Water shoes it is!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Explorer of the Seas 01/02/05
It can't come fast enough!!!<BR>