Singapore Cruise timing

mtn_couple

We dock at Singapore at 8am on Celebrity Solstice. Anyone know how long it should take to get off the ship, clear customs/immigration and get into the city?

What's the easiest way to get into the city? Is there a train station near the cruise dock?

It seems we will not be able to check into our hotel until 3pm, any suggestions until then with luggage and child in tow?

Hi Welcome to Singapore

I don't know about the Solstice but i did the Mariner and immigration was fast, was out of the ship at 10am and waiting for a very long queue for the taxis at around 10.25. That being said, I was local so i was able to use the fast express lane. But i didn't see much people in that line.

Since you won't be able to check into the city, i suggest you take the last disembark tag. Then you will have a fast immigration.

Furthermore, as you will be arriving at Marina Bay Cruise Center, there is a train station called Marina South Pier about 10 mins walk with luggage, under a sheltered path. It is to your right once you exit the Cruise Center. Its ony about 10mins to a downtown hotel. (depends where you are staying at)

Another way is to take a taxi. Which removes all hassle of towing luggage, and with a child in tow, may be a good idea after all.

Check whether the hotel could give you early check in. If not, just leave your luggage at the hotel, and start exploring the nearby area.

Edited by WaveSplasher

We dock at Singapore at 8am on Celebrity Solstice. Anyone know how long it should take to get off the ship, clear customs/immigration and get into the city?

What's the easiest way to get into the city? Is there a train station near the cruise dock?

It seems we will not be able to check into our hotel until 3pm, any suggestions until then with luggage and child in tow?

If it is not peak season and the hotel have rooms available, they do let you check into the hotel earlier. I had friends who manage to check into their hotels by 11am.

Thanks everyone. Thinking of staying at Marina Bay Sands. Is that near the Marina Bay cruise terminal by any chance?

Yes! You can see the hotel even from the Cruise Center or the cruise itself. It is the most recognizable hotel in downtown Marina Bay. Quite close to by Train and cab.

The MBS hotel can be seen from the Cruise Terminal. However, don't try to walk there with luggage in tow. It takes awhile to walk 3km (30mins to 1hr) depending on how fast you walk. The weather is too warm and humidity a;so.

MBS's room rate are fairly high ranging from US$300 (standard) to 500 (family room). Its a good hotel but if cost is a consideration then you are better off looking else where.

If it is not peak season and the hotel have rooms available, they do let you check into the hotel earlier. I had friends who manage to check into their hotels by 11am.

We have quite often shown up at our hotel early. Sometimes our room is ready otherwise we ask if we can stow our luggage. Have never been refused. Make sure you lock any stowed luggage. And then you can go out and start enjoying the city

Sorry but MBS not worth it (JMHO)...You would be much better off closer to the middle of town and Orchard Road. You might want to check out the Royal Plaza Hotel on Scott's Road...my favorite hotel and location..Also take the MRT to Lau Pa Sat for the night time street food...best Satay in the world. Take a taxi from the cruise port..especially with luggage and a child...you also have a good chance to check in early at the hotel or at least leave your luggage and enjoy the nearby area. Enjoy Singapore.

Edited by Ashland

I like the Fairmont in Singapore. Request a high room overlooking the cricket ground, with a spectacular view of MBS and Marina Bay itself. Join the Fairmont frequent guest "club" for free internet.

There are two bars atop the Sands hotel, and you can enjoy the view from there across Marina Bay for the (expensive) price of a drink, without paying for an over-priced room. But then, all booze is expensive in Sing.

If you have visited Malaysia on your voyage, there are no duty-free allowances for drinks upon disembarking in Sing, regardless of where they were purchased!

We have an 11.05am flight from Changi on the morning of disembarkation. What time should we ask to get off the ship? Does anyone know of a taxi firm we can pre-book?

I would either do self disembark or the earliest one available...No need to pre-book a taxi many will be there lined up and waiting...no sense in the hassle of looking for a specific one.

We have an 11.05am flight from Changi on the morning of disembarkation. What time should we ask to get off the ship? Does anyone know of a taxi firm we can pre-book?

If the "Q" for taxi is long, you can always take the Limo Cab at flat fare. (should be sgd$55)

Will the taxi be big enough for 3 people and 3 luggage?

Our friends from the US came with 2 adults and 2 kids with lots of luggage. :)They will know what to do and arrange for a bigger Cab. Oh yes, it is a separate counter, you need to approach them. It's located near the exit door and you can easily spot the signage offering the Limo Cab services.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

We would like to know if you were able to make the 11:05 am flight to Changi since we have the same situation. We also disembark at 8:00 am on Mariner of the Seas for Feb 2017 cruise. Thanks.

Hi,

We would like to know if you were able to make the 11:05 am flight to Changi since we have the same situation. We also disembark at 8:00 am on Mariner of the Seas for Feb 2017 cruise. Thanks.

It is possible but best let RC know that you have an early flight so that they can arrange for you to disembark early.